Another Cirrus Arrives on Maui

Lorne Direnfeld and Robin Leach (the ferry pilot) are detanking his new SR-20 G2. Hawaii now boasts 2 Cirrus!

Aloha!

In reply to:

Lorne Direnfeld and Robin Leach (the ferry pilot) are detanking his new SR-20 G2. Hawaii now boasts 2 Cirrus!
Aloha!

Congrats!! Hope that someday ya’ll will host an annual COPA Hawaiian Regional Fly-in!!! [:)]

Walt

Now that’s 2000 miles or so from the west coast or about 200 galls of gas which would put me way over max without me in the plane!! What sort of max wt do they leave the west coast with?

In reply to:

Now that’s 2000 miles or so from the west coast or about 200 galls of gas which would put me way over max without me in the plane!! What sort of max wt do they leave the west coast with?

My new SR20 was about 11% over max gross wt when it departed Oakland for Maui. There were about 160 gallons in the ferry tanks. When it landed there was still 3-4 hours of fuel on board. There was a tailwind most of the way. The trip took 13hr 50min.

I was relieved and excited to see it arrive. It’s a wonderful machine! I have flown a 172 in the islands for the past 15 years. I feel very fortunate to be able to have, use and enjoy an SR20.