Air diesel

Hi,

there are talks about a Cirrus SR (TDI) with an air-diesel because of high demand because of fuel-prices over in Europe.

It wil use less than 9 gallons/h for Euro 0,75 with 175 knots cruis in stead of more than 10 g/h for Euro 1,5 with 160 knots. Range would be increadible…

I mean of coarse Euro 0,75 per liter ( 2.85 per gallon) and Euro 1,50 will be 5,70 per gallon.

there are talks about a Cirrus SR (TDI) with an air-diesel because of high demand because of fuel-prices over in Europe.

It wil use less than 9 gallons/h for Euro 0,75 with 175 knots cruis in stead of more than 10 g/h for Euro 1,5 with 160 knots. Range would be increadible…

The operational considerations are great. I’ve heard the same. it’s a Renault (French) built engine that’s been testflying on a TB20 around here (France). The project has seen some delays and I don’t think it is certified as of yet. There’s even a flyer with specs that I had once. The key of course wrt Cirrus is a. certification in the SRxx ($'s and time, both of which are tied to increasing production of the SR20) and b. the logistics of a Toulouse based and built engine to be fitted in a Duluth designed and manufactured airplane… Well I guess Airbus managed the challenge and will use it on the A3XX with the fuselage built in France and the seats put in in Germany…

HK (N144CD - LFPX/EHKD)

Hi,