2 vs. 3 Blade Props (again)

I know this had been discussed, but I’m at that point where I have to make a decision. Here are what I understand are the pros & cons of the 3 Blade propellors:

• Better ground clearance

• Lower Noise

• Smoother/less vibration

• Looks better

• Costs more ($3K+/-)

• Weighs more (15-21 lbs)

• Increased maintenance costs

• Moves CG forward

would you lucky owners (especially thoise with 2 blade props) weigh in and let me know your experiences. How noisy and less smooth is the 2 blade prop? How friendly is the W&B envelope with the 3 blade prop?

Any new owners have any usefull load numbers for the current produiction aircraft? Please include your option package.

• Good comments JF on the “I started to Laugh”. Amen

Thanks, Marty (#119 and looking forward to January in MN!)

In June I flew an SR20 in Duluth with Gary Black of Cirrus. As I recall, the plane we flew had a three bladed prop. I asked how much difference the other prop would make in the noise level inside the cabin, and he said “negligible”.

I know this had been discussed, but I’m at that point where I have to make a decision. Here are what I understand are the pros & cons of the 3 Blade propellors:

• Lower Noise
  • Looks better
  • Costs more ($3K+/-)
  • Moves CG forward

would you lucky owners (especially thoise with 2 blade props) weigh in and let me know your experiences. How noisy and less smooth is the 2 blade prop? How friendly is the W&B envelope with the 3 blade prop?

Any new owners have any usefull load numbers for the current produiction aircraft? Please include your option package.

If mem serves me correctly, Mooney has stated that a 2 blade gives better cruise speed over 3 blade. Is that right for the SR20?

In June I flew an SR20 in Duluth with Gary Black of Cirrus. As I recall, the plane we flew had a three bladed prop. I asked how much difference the other prop would make in the noise level inside the cabin, and he said “negligible”.

• Lower Noise
  • Looks better
  • Costs more ($3K+/-)
  • Moves CG forward