Yet another set of SB's

I have been trying to sell the plane. One of the things buyers want to know is if you are current with ADÂ’s and SBÂ’s. I have been waiting on a part from the December 1 annual and since then I have received 3 additional SBÂ’s. The earliest they can all be addressed by the limited number of service centers available is 02/23/02. Meanwhile I have just received 2 additional SBÂ’s. One, the winterization kit, is optional, but the other, loss of brakes due to brake line chafing (especially in a plane where brakes are used for steering) is really important. Keep in mind these SBÂ’s apply to most of the fleet, so when you read about people who donÂ’t have any problems keep in mind they may be less than truthful.

In reply to:

Meanwhile I have just received 2 additional SBÂ’s. One, the winterization kit, is optional, but the other, loss of brakes due to brake line chafing (especially in a plane where brakes are used for steering) is really important. Keep in mind these SBÂ’s apply to most of the fleet, so when you read about people who donÂ’t have any problems keep in mind they may be less than truthful.

Art: Being absolutely truthful, I have never had a problem with my engine temps (hot or cold), so I have no cause to worry about the optional winterization kit. I have had my brake lines inspected and the SB has been complied with. No problem.

I understand that you have never owned a plane before the Cirrus and some of these things are surprises, but SBs and ADs are a very normal part, yes, often an unpleasant part, of owning an aircraft. I probably received about a dozen ADs and SBs a year on my Cessna 172. Luckily we have not had any ADs which would cost us tens of thousands of collars like many other planes. I have never figured out why recalls on cars ore the manufacturers’ responsibility but ADs on aircraft are the owners’. C’est la vie. Just part of the cost of owning an airplane.

You really are a jerk.

In reply to:

Luckily we have not had any ADs which would cost us tens of thousands of collars

Marty. Dog gon it. I had no idea that you could pay your mechanic with. . . . collars? Is this only work with qualified service centers.
Marty, what kind of kinky business are you into that you have som many . . . collars?
You know, too many collars could cause additional AD’s and SB’s

In reply to:

I have had my brake lines inspected and the SB has been complied with. No problem.

Has the SB compliance been entered in your logbook? If it has I can only assume you were at your service center recently, why? If it hasn’t been signed off, then your word that someone looked at it is not good enough for a buyer.

Cennis, What co you mean? Collars as in collars and cents. Co you have a problem with this? [:$] Mea culpa

Art:
The brake issue is NOT an SB. It is an SA. Very different in that all it tells you is advisory information that is a good FYI. No need to comply. The SB for winterization is moot in this part of the country as it is only a few weeks until spring. Once again, it is NOT a mandatory SB.

In reply to:

Has the SB compliance been entered in your logbook? If it has I can only assume you were at your service center recently, why? If it hasn’t been signed off, then your word that someone looked at it is not good enough for a buyer.

No Art, I took it to my corner shadetree mechanic, who did it all in 15 minutes and gave me his personal guaranty. That was good enough for me and it should be good enough for any buyer![:P]

YES, Art, I had an A&P (AI) sign off on thge airframe logs. I am lucky, I have my plane based near UPS’s air hub and we have hundreds of A&Ps here. A friend who is not only an A&P/AI, but also a type certifies 757/767 capitan and Cessna 310 owner. But thanks for your concern.

In reply to:

The brake issue is NOT an SB. It is an SA.

That explains why I couldn’t find it on the Cirrus site. I found the SA and it seems simple enough for even me. All you have to do is make sure the fairings are secure before every flight.