Will SR22-G5 work for my mission?

I am a family of 5. Two adults and three kids. Most flights will be 100-190 nautical miles with the occasional 600 nautical mile trip.

I simply love the Cirrus however think that it just may not handle our mission when the entire family is involved :frowning:

Thomas

what are the weights.

In our G5 we have about a 725 lb payload with the fuel to the tabs. That gives us an easy 400 mile range.

T

Also what part of the country are your trips and how old are the kids? I took plenty of trips in my G5 with my wife and 3 kids but my whole family weighed 450lbs and it was very hard flying at altitudes where the kids needed O2. So Iโ€™d say if the kids are small and you donโ€™t need to fly high yes for sure on the <200nm trips. The 600nm trip is going to be long and the kids will need to use a Travel John.

My wife and I have three little kids. Airplane is perfect for 2 adults + 3 kids for 1-2 hour trips. For longer trips the comfort of the three pax in the back will be limiting factor. Weight and space could be limiting as well as the kids grow.

I frequently fly a G5 with the family onboard.
OPF - TLH is a milk run for us ( son at college and game day). We are usually full gross at takeoff ( fuel to tabs ). We typically land with 22-25 gallons remaining after the 2 hour or so trip. The family loves flying in the G5. We could not do this trip in a G3 due to the load. The family loved the Saratoga cabin we used to own
For the size but love the Cirrus for the caps system .