What sized hangar is needed ?

I’m in the very lucky position of having the opportunity to build a hangar for my SR20. However I would like to fit in a J3Cub or something similar in years to come.

A 40ft width seems std, anyone had experience of the depth needed for two planes. I’m thinking 40x40ft, tried lots of paper models but would like some practical experience.

Thanks

Robert

Robert,

My hangar is 43 wide, 40 deep. I have fit two planes in it, but you do have to angle and jockey. Might want to go wider if you can, it will help a lot. And the SR22 is 38.5 feet and if you ever trade for one, you will only have 1.5 feet total to spare. I have a friend that has 48 feet wide and it makes a huge difference in fitting multiple planes.

Roger
N706CD

I’m in the very lucky position of having the opportunity to build a hangar for my SR20. However I would like to fit in a J3Cub or something similar in years to come.

A 40ft width seems std, anyone had experience of the depth needed for two planes. I’m thinking 40x40ft, tried lots of paper models but would like some practical experience.

Thanks

Robert