Weather Page

Congrats on the new CPPP Weather Page! Very useful collection of links, some I’d known about and some I hadn’t. Thanks to whoever put the work into it.

In reply to:

Congrats on the new CPPP Weather Page! Very useful collection of links, some I’d known about and some I hadn’t. Thanks to whoever put the work into it.

Jim,

I agree - the weather page is my new one-stop-shop for wx info. It does the best job I’ve yet seen at providing everything I need in one place, especially for long-range planning.

I believe that the kudos for the quality and work go to Scott Dennstaedt (CPPP CFI and Wx guru), Bob Price (CPPP Chief) and Steve Lin (our webmaster). Also, I’d have to admit that I’d be getting only about 50% utility from those pages if I hadn’t participated in Scott’s course; even now, I still come up with more questions every time I use it.

Mike.

Let me add my congratulations to the weather page. It’s really fantastic.
One item to note is that it is a good idea for legal and possibly insurance reasons to have a documented weather briefing. While you can get an excellent self brief on the Weather Page there is not, as far as I know, a record of your briefing.
It’s still a good idea to get a briefing on DUATS or via the FSS so that it is documented - just in case.

Agree with the advice to get a brief from an FSS. In fact, see the note at the top of each page.

The site does, however, log all access - both with the members ID and the various pages visited. I believe we keep the log for 1 year. Whether the FAA would accept it is another question. But, its a place to start if you don’t have the opportunity to call an FSS.

Bob

Bob,

The weather page is great.

Why not add a link to duats.com and one could file a flight plan and log a standard weather brief online?

Mason