Warped dash anybody?

The dashboard on my plane has become warped and disfigured and I was wondering if anybody else has encountered this. The plane is kept in a common hangar but is pulled out occasionally during the day in order to get to other aircraft. Is it possible that leaving the plane out in the sun for a few hours can warp the dash?

Larry N171CD

Yes. I was at Cirrus last week getting my plane and they issued a service bulletin on that very recently. Apparently a plane also did that at sun and fun. At any rate, the fix for now is to keep it out of the sun on the ramp or to keep a white towel over it. They are redesigning that part now to take more heat and will retrofit it in the field. They apparently will design a interim part with some kind of reinforcement as well. Contact Mike Busch. Oh, BTW if it droops enough to cover the annuncitor panel the plane is unairworthy according to the SB. I am worried about this problem as I live in Phoenix and it is not a matter of if but when…

The dashboard on my plane has become warped and disfigured and I was wondering if anybody else has encountered this. The plane is kept in a common hangar but is pulled out occasionally during the day in order to get to other aircraft. Is it possible that leaving the plane out in the sun for a few hours can warp the dash?

Larry N171CD

Larry N171CD

Larry,

I just noticed the same thing - in fact, I just logged on to post the very same question.

• Mike.

I posted this note this morning and Mike Busch called to say that he is sending a replacement as soon as possible.

What a great plane and what a great company. Don’t think you could ask for better customer service.

Larry N171CD

Larry N171CD

Great customer service. Oh, BTW the plane is outstanding too.

I posted this note this morning and Mike Busch called to say that he is sending a replacement as soon as possible.

What a great plane and what a great company. Don’t think you could ask for better customer service.

Larry N171CD

Larry N171CD