WANT TO BUY POSITION BUT NOT BE GOUGED

I am looking to get a plane within the next few months. I have seen posts wanting over $75,000.00. I will pay $25,000.00 for a good position. If I ever decide to sell my position, I will NOT take advantage of people and the situation like others do…

I am looking to get a plane within the next few months. I have seen posts wanting over $75,000.00. I will pay $25,000.00 for a good position. If I ever decide to sell my position, I will NOT take advantage of people and the situation like others do…

Dan, its a market, like many others. The “Bids” and “asks” currently represented on this board are far apart, but if either side is motivated enough there will be deals made. Unfortunately in this market, the people who have made deals previously have been unwilling to disclose the price at which they traded, so there is very little “trade reporting”.

I can tell you that I have offered a true $5K premium over current retail and been turned down by a seller who indicated they made a deal, but would not disclose the amount. I have also offered current retail and been turned down. In other words, you and the other gentleman on the board (Wayne) who wish to buy positions under current list are not likely to find sellers unless Cirrus has some bad luck.

On the plus side, production seems to be ramping up, and I’m hoping my position #225 will get delivered within a year or so from now. This will diminish the value of the earlier positions as time goes on.

Good Luck!

P.S. People who are trading positions, please disclose!!! What’s the big deal? This ain’t high finance…

I think “reza” was selling #69 for $25,000 over his current outlay. My understanding was that the $75,000 included all the money he has ponied up plus a $25,000 “bonus”

Check out his March 18th post under “Fall Position for Sale” and see if this is what he means. I might be wrong.

Good luck!

Mark

Ps- I too am interested in a closer position but I think $25,000 is still too much. When Cirrus gets moving to 5 planes a week the wait will be much less. I would hate to have that premium for “gotta have it now” make the re-sell loss too great. Besides, the C 210 still drags itself of the ground when needed.

Don’t pay more than it’s worth to you.

Don’t sell for less than it’s worth to you.

No one gets cheated.

I’m sure you would feel gouged long before you got to a price I would sell for.

Some positions will change hands so if someone gets an SR20 early for the current price plus $25k I think they are really lucky to be able to do it.

If they get one by buying a position for the original $15k cost are they cheating someone?

Having flown the plane some I feel that anyone who has to give one up for less than a $100k consolation fee has been cheated by life.

Judging by most guys reactions, a single woman with an early delvery position could play “Who Wants to Marry a Cirrus Owner?”.

I think “reza” was selling #69 for $25,000 over his current outlay.

No, that’s not the proposition. Reza wants his $15,000 deposit, plus the difference between his contract price, and a $25,000 premium for early delivery. I don’t know what his contract price is, but what that means is that someone taking that offer up would be paying today’s list price plus $25,000, for a near-term delivery.

It seems no-one has taken Reza up on it yet, but I would imagine that as delivery of the plane gets nearer, and Reza’s departure for foreign climes gets closer, then the gap between his asking price and what someone is prepared to pay will narrow.

I think “reza” was selling #69 for $25,000 over his current outlay.

No, that’s not the proposition. Reza wants his $15,000 deposit, plus the difference between his contract price, and a $25,000 premium for early delivery. I don’t know what his contract price is, but what that means is that someone taking that offer up would be paying today’s list price plus $25,000, for a near-term delivery.

It seems no-one has taken Reza up on it yet, but I would imagine that as delivery of the plane gets nearer, and Reza’s departure for foreign climes gets closer, then the gap between his asking price and what someone is prepared to pay will narrow.

Clyde,

the actual premium is even less than 25K, as someone who places an order today would have to pay at least 2 years of inflation adjustment, which approximate between 5 and 6% for the period on 189K base price. I think Reza’s offer is very fair, I for one prefer to wait as I am equally interested in the improvements CD will achieve over the next 2 years.

Placido