Position #251 For Sale

I currently have a contract for position #251,

and I’m looking for a buyer. I would like an offer that minimally covers the $15,000 downpayment I made 18 months ago, plus the difference in purchase price on my contract versus what a new position costs today ($188,000 - $168,800 = $19,200) plus any premium anyone would like to offer for a 2001 delivery (realistically)

for an SR20. Interested buyers should contact me via e-mail.

Tom

and I’m looking for a buyer. I would like an offer that minimally covers the $15,000 downpayment I made 18 months ago, plus the difference in purchase price on my contract versus what a new position costs today ($188,000 - $168,800 = $19,200) plus any premium anyone would like to offer for a 2001 delivery (realistically)

Tom

Why don’t you simply ask Cirrus to refund your deposit, or are you in the business of buying and selling airplanes. There must be lbetter ways to make a buck than to try to swing a deal like this.

Tom,

I am interested, how do I get your e-mail?

Mine is paul.gibson@divatv.com.

Thanks,

Paul

Tom

I would like an offer that minimally covers the $15,000 downpayment I made 18 months ago, plus the difference in purchase price on my contract versus what a new position costs today ($188,000 - $168,800 = $19,200)>

Obviously a position is worth whatever a buyer and seller agree on. But as a point of information, am I right in thinking that the $19,200 difference is not for identical airplanes? I understood from Cirrus that some part of the increase was for new equipment, specifically a new Garmin transponder and new STec autopilot. And also as I understand from them, planes bought for the old price would have the old equipment. Is this right? Would this plane come with “old” or “new” transponder/autopilot? If it’s “old,” should the $19,200 difference be adjusted in some way?

It may be a theoretical point, because again this is a matter of you and a bidder agreeing on a price. But it would be useful to know about the old/new issue for any future transactions. S King.

Tom,

Sent you a couple of e-mails is the position

still up for sale. Not heard back

Robert

Tom

Bozo,

your name is no accident. What is your problem with selling contracts? I have heard of premiums up to $50,000 for SR20 positions. What kind of moron would pass that opportunity up? What is your problem?

Why don’t you simply ask Cirrus to refund your >deposit, or are you in the business of buying and >selling airplanes. There must be better ways to >make a buck than to try to swing a deal like >this.

I’m not in the business of buying or selling

airplanes. I originally bought the position because I wanted the airplane, but due to personal

events beyond my control I won’t be able to continue with that goal.

I originally called Cirrus to request a refund,

and this was their suggestion. In other words,

rather than simply remove myself from the queue,

get my deposit back, and let everyone after me

move up one, take advantage of the fact that I’ve lost interest on $15,000 for 18 months and see if someone would like to buy my current position.

If no one is interested, then your opinion is well-founded. If there are interested parties, then it’s not. By the way, there have been several interested parties. Do you still have a

problem with this?

Tom

Why don’t you simply ask Cirrus to refund your deposit, or are you in the business of buying and selling airplanes. There must be lbetter ways to make a buck than to try to swing a deal like this.

Dear Bozo,

Please don’t take this the wrong way, but let me tell you how I feel.

If a person is trying to make a buck or just for what ever the reason is wants to sell.

I feel he or she deserves the right to make a profit if he or she made a good investment. It is a chance you take. 18 months ago the person took a wild chance in donating $15K to a good cause. Do you realize it could be worth nothing today? Because of that reason, I have no problem in paying a premium. $500.00, $5K or $50K premium is ok as long as the buyer feels comfortable with it. When I purchase something I know the person selling paid a different price for it. If the person is making 1000% profit, it is perfectly ok with me as long as I feel I am buying for a good price. I understand some people don’t feel others should make a good profit on a deal. But that’s life, I am glad we are all different. Best of luck to the people selling because their situation have changed and also to the people that took a gamble on their deposit.

Woor

Pilot4hire@figfoot.com

I have bought and sold two positions. I’ve made no money in these transactions (I had other reasons), but I would not have been ashamed if I had.

One of the reasons Cirrus had been so accommodating in facilitating these sales/swaps is that they know (and say) that the desirability and liquidity of the contracts is a testament to the popularity of the SR20/22 and is actually a selling point for them.

So who is hurt here? The seller is happy, the buyer is happy, and Cirrus is happy?

IMHO, there are no losers. So I don’t understand Bozo’s objection to this practice.

Joe

I would like an offer that minimally covers the $15,000 downpayment I made 18 months ago, plus the difference in purchase price on my contract versus what a new position costs today ($188,000 - $168,800 = $19,200)>

Obviously a position is worth whatever a buyer and seller agree on. But as a point of information, am I right in thinking that the $19,200 difference is not for identical airplanes? I understood from Cirrus that some part of the increase was for new equipment, specifically a new Garmin transponder and new STec autopilot. And also as I understand from them, planes bought for the old price would have the old equipment. Is this right? Would this plane come with “old” or “new” transponder/autopilot? If it’s “old,” should the $19,200 difference be adjusted in some way?

It may be a theoretical point, because again this is a matter of you and a bidder agreeing on a price. But it would be useful to know about the old/new issue for any future transactions. S King.