Vne and Stalls

My partners and I have upgraded to the A model Sr22. We’re very excited about the 22’s increased performance capabilities i.e. increased airspeed, useful load, and higher routine operating altitudes. A question was raised concerning the Vne speeds of the Sr20 and 22 and power-on stall characteristics of the 22. I assume it wouldn’t take too much effort to approach Vne in the 22. What is Vne in the 22? Secondly, I also imagine the already benign stall of the 20 won’t be quite as charming in the 22 (departure stall). Any comments?

My partners and I have upgraded to the A model Sr22. We’re very excited about the 22’s increased performance capabilities i.e. increased airspeed, useful load, and higher routine operating altitudes. A question was raised concerning the Vne speeds of the Sr20 and 22 and power-on stall characteristics of the 22. I assume it wouldn’t take too much effort to approach Vne in the 22. What is Vne in the 22? Secondly, I also imagine the already benign stall of the 20 won’t be quite as charming in the 22 (departure stall). Any comments?

The book lists Vne for the SR22 @ 204 KIAS and 200 for the ‘20. Remember, it is Indicated airspeed. at about 2% per 1,000 ft in altitude, this equates to about 228 KTAS @ 6,000’.

I don’t know about the stall, but i would bet since it is primarily a function of wint design, that it is very similar to the SR20.

The book lists Vne for the SR22 @ 204 KIAS and 200 for the ‘20. Remember, it is Indicated airspeed. at about 2% per 1,000 ft in altitude, this equates to about 228 KTAS @ 6,000’.

I don’t know about the stall, but i would bet since it is primarily a function of wint design, that it is very similar to the SR20.

I agree that wing designs are similar and that the power-off stall should also be similar, but with 310hp out front instead of 200hp wouldn’t torque being produced during a power-on stall possibly cause a more radical break?