TIPPFI-2004 photos

On Saturday we had 5 Lancair and 4 Cirrus aircraft at TIPPFI at BKL and seventeen people at lunch. Photos can be seen at http://rob.com/pix/marty-tippfi-2004.

Nice pictures Marty! I think I was about eight-years-old the last time I saw the inside of the U.S.S Cod. Also, a quick question. What restaurant is that in the pictures? Is it a boat? I often will head over to the flats when I have some spare-time between flight-legs, but from the leftovers, the food where you ate looks good. [:)]
Cleveland sure is a wonderful city. It has come a long way since the Cuyahoga River fire. I sometimes find myself making “refueling” stops there just as an excuse to sit at Burke Lakefront (how a city-side lakefront airport should be treated) and look at the beautiful skyline.

Great job of coordinating by Marty and Rob. It was fun and I’m sure a small preview for M2 - although I’m not looking forward to being in the pattern with a whole bunch of Cirri with tail numbers ending in “CD”!!!

Thanks Marty - greatly appreciated,
Chuck and Marcia

Pic number 11 is actually of the engine control panel of the new steam powered Cirrus, the S2. Very hush, hush.

There have been so many complaints of the high price of av gas that they designed a plane that only needs firewood and water.

The conversion kit is rather costly though.

Seriously, or perhaps more properly, Cirrusly I am waiting for delivery of my SR 22 in October and after looking at the nice pictures couldn’t resist the attempt at humor.

Best Regards

Andy,

In reply to:

Nice pictures Marty!

Thanks (from me and the other photographer, Rob).

In reply to:

What restaurant is that in the pictures? Is it a boat?

Hornblowers - yep a boat. It is also “affectionately” known as Hornslowers.[:)]

In reply to:

Cleveland sure is a wonderful city. It has come a long way since the Cuyahoga River fire. I sometimes find myself making “refueling” stops there just as an excuse to sit at Burke Lakefront (how a city-side lakefront airport should be treated) and look at the beautiful skyline.

Agreed. Cleveland is no longer “the mistake by the lake.” It looks like the city’s long-term waterfront plans do not disrupt BKL - yea!!!

Look for TIPPFI-2005 postings in about 10 months…[:)]

In reply to:

Look for TIPPFI-2005 postings in about 10 months…

I’m looking forward to it. Hopefully I can make it work in my schedule. I am not doing good so far on event attendance this year. While a bunch of our fellow COPA members were having a great time at the MSN (my home airport) CPPP, I was dodging thunderstorms in Louisiana and Tennessee.

In reply to:

although I’m not looking forward to being in the pattern with a whole bunch of Cirri with tail numbers ending in “CD”!!!
Thanks Marty - greatly appreciated,
Chuck and Marcia

The ultimate skywatch/TIS test (unless of course TIS doesn’t even work there).

Just enter the pattern, self-announce and say “no skywatch, no TIS” and let
people scoot out the way.

Which reminds me, I see Alan Klapmeier is the poster boy for skywatch these
days, guess that shows why they only offer that and not TIS, clearly he likes
the system.

In reply to:

Which reminds me, I see Alan Klapmeier is the poster boy for skywatch these
days, guess that shows why they only offer that and not TIS, clearly he likes
the system.

I know there is a huge cost differential, but I am in areas enough where TIS would not work that I really feel SkyWatch is worth the price. Really, all any traffic avoidance system has to do is help you avoid a mid-air once in a lifetime of flying to be worth it. It would certainly be nice to have TIS as a factory option.