This web site

I’d like to thank the folks who set up and run this web site – it has been invaluable! (I think it is just Walt, but I get him confused with another SR2x luminary, Clyde.)

I have a suggestion and I realize that it implies work by someone else who is doing all of this on his own time.

1. Have a table somewhere to track common squawks, which planes have it, what the solution (if any) was, etc. The discussion forum has been great for this kind of information, but it is not indexed by squawk and its is hard to find info on things reported a long time ago.

Also, I participate in two other aviation forums: the West Valley Flying Club mailing list and the Malibu/Mirage Owners and Pilot’s Association mailing lists. Both require that people who post be registered. This cuts way down on the angry posts and repeated commercial solicitations. While some might not mind the occassional angry flame by an anonymous poster, many are. I realize that such a system requires more work, even once set up. And if such a system is implemented, I suggest that anonymous accounts be given for worthy people like gluedude, who, unlike the bad Jeff, seems to really have good information.

Btw, when I was at Cirrus I asked if I could talk to Ian Bentley, Alan K, and gluedude. I got to talk with the first two, but not gluedude :-)(.

If there is anything that I can do to help with this web site, please let me know.

I’ve added a “Squawk Sheet” page the sr20.net web site. Please, feel free to add your squawks to that page. I will organize them into a table for easier viewing.

Thanks.

I’d like to thank the folks who set up and run this web site – it has been invaluable! (I think it is just Walt, but I get him confused with another SR2x luminary, Clyde.)

I have a suggestion and I realize that it implies work by someone else who is doing all of this on his own time.

1. Have a table somewhere to track common squawks, which planes have it, what the solution (if any) was, etc. The discussion forum has been great for this kind of information, but it is not indexed by squawk and its is hard to find info on things reported a long time ago.

Also, I participate in two other aviation forums: the West Valley Flying Club mailing list and the Malibu/Mirage Owners and Pilot’s Association mailing lists. Both require that people who post be registered. This cuts way down on the angry posts and repeated commercial solicitations. While some might not mind the occassional angry flame by an anonymous poster, many are. I realize that such a system requires more work, even once set up. And if such a system is implemented, I suggest that anonymous accounts be given for worthy people like gluedude, who, unlike the bad Jeff, seems to really have good information.

Btw, when I was at Cirrus I asked if I could talk to Ian Bentley, Alan K, and gluedude. I got to talk with the first two, but not gluedude :-)(.

If there is anything that I can do to help with this web site, please let me know.