Tech Question

Question: I am a member. When another member sends me a forum link to read and I try to open it, I get the Oops, log in message. When I the do that I lose the link and some times can never find it. I’m sure there is something I don’t know. What should I do? Thanks.

James-

If you do not have an active login session and attempt to follow a link to a post on the member forums, you will be redirected to the " Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private." page.

Once you log in, the system will redirect you to your “Default Home Page”, and you will have to follow the link anew to access that post, this is default system behavior and cannot be changed.

If on the other hand you are being redirected to the “Oops!” page while actively logged in to the forums, the link you are using may be erroneous or improperly formatted, if you feel this may be the case, please post these links here (or send me the links via PM) and I will look into this further for you.

Thank you. I read this to mean that if I log in to Forums 1st, then click on the link forwarded to me by a fellow member, it will open. I tried that once and it seemed to work.

That’s correct.

Please also keep in mind that login sessions expire after a 72 hour period of inactivity.

Again, thanks for the help.

1 Like

Gee,
That is easy, check the forums daily - never get “expired” -

1 Like

Great advice! Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.