Long Range Cruise (with reserve) in excess of 1000nm

Range @max cruise with reserve 727nm

Useable Fuel - 80 US gallons

Arnav ICDS-2000 - stays

Wingspan 38.25 ft

Max Rate of Climb - 1400 ft/per minute

A MOdel - $276,600US

B Model - $294,700

First 100 will be built as B model only…

Option B has dual Garmin 430’s, S-Tec/Meggitt Sys Fifty FiveX Autopilot, Altitude pre-select, SANDEL 3308 EHSI

Option A - Garmin 430 + 420, S-Tec/Meggitt Sys Fifty FiveX Autopilot, Electric HSI

Options both models

add - stormscope $9500.00US

SR20 Order Holder Pre-Introduction Offer (based on your current price for an SR20 “c” configuration, with 3 blade prop and leather interior)

For SR22 ‘A’ - add $47,200

For SR22 ‘B’ - add 65,300

Interesting?

Extremely interesting!

I hope Cirrus adds the options of factory AC — for when Dave Katz is in Satan’s country — and Skywatch — for us 40-somethings and older whose heads no longer turn on a swivel.

SCOOP!!!

The following is a SR22 Specification Snapshot

Engine - IO 550-n/310HP

Prop - Hartzell 3 blade

Max Gross - 3400 lbs

Std Empty Weight - 2250 lbs

Max Useful load - 1150 lbs

Cruise - (75% power) 180 kts

Arnav ICDS-2000 - stays

Wingspan 38.25 ft

A MOdel - $276,600US

B Model - $294,700

Option B has dual Garmin 430’s, S-Tec/Meggitt Sys Fifty FiveX Autopilot, Altitude pre-select, SANDEL 3308 EHSI

Option A - Garmin 430 + 420, S-Tec/Meggitt Sys Fifty FiveX Autopilot, Electric HSI

Options both models

SR20 Order Holder Pre-Introduction Offer (based on your current price for an SR20 “c” configuration, with 3 blade prop and leather interior)

Interesting?

SCOOP!!!

Engine - IO 550-n/310HP

Prop - Hartzell 3 blade

Max Gross - 3400 lbs

Arnav ICDS-2000 - stays

Wingspan 38.25 ft

A MOdel - $276,600US

B Model - $294,700

Options both models

Interesting

Well Darn! I opted for the 22 for payload considerations. If A/C is offered, the payload on the 22 will be only around 600 pounds with full fuel. Sure was hoping for something 182/Dakota like.

Seems like now the decision is whether the extra 20 knots and little/no increase in payload is worth an extra 65K. Extra maintainence and fuel burn too. Darn.

Pardon my ignorance, but what’s a “Skywatch”?

Bob

Extremely interesting!

I hope Cirrus adds the options of factory AC — for when Dave Katz is in Satan’s country — and Skywatch — for us 40-somethings and older whose heads no longer turn on a swivel.

SCOOP!!!

Engine - IO 550-n/310HP

Prop - Hartzell 3 blade

Max Gross - 3400 lbs

Arnav ICDS-2000 - stays

Wingspan 38.25 ft

A MOdel - $276,600US

B Model - $294,700

Options both models

Interesting?

Pardon my ignorance, but what’s a “Skywatch”?

It’s the traffic advisory system tht BFGoodrich avionics markets - a poor man’s TCAS.

Well Darn! I opted for the 22 for payload considerations. If A/C is offered, the payload on the 22 will be only around 600 pounds with full fuel. Seems like now the decision is whether the extra 20 knots and little/no increase in payload is worth an extra 65K.

Personally I don’t think I can afford (ie, justify to my wife) a 22, though I’d like one, but here’s a question and a pirep about your concern:

Q: I don’t get the “little/no increase in payload.” Aren’t you doing an apples-and-oranges comparison? Ie, you’re assuming that the 22 would have (a) an A/C system and (b) full fuel of 80 gallons, and then you’re saying that a plane with all that extra weight wouldn’t carry much more than a 20 with (a) no AC and (b) 56 gallons. I mean, you could put 65 gallons in the 22 and go about as far as a 20 with full fuel, and have that additional 90 pounds of fuel weight to work with for starters, right?

Pirep: This journey I recently made involved genuinely hot conditions. Surface temperature at SLC was 95F. Surface temp at AMW (Ames, Iowa) was an even 100F. RAP (Rapid City, SD) was high 80s. At HVN (New Haven) low 90s. Crossing the Nevada desert at 9000 feet, the outside air temperature was, incredibly, 80F.

On the ground, with the doors closed, it was damned hot in all those places. I closed the door when actually starting the engine but otherwise held it ajar when taxiing, closing it only as part of the “cleared for takeoff” checklist. But in my experience, once I was 500 feet AGL, the cabin-cooling issue went away. The cooling system in the plane is not super-sophisticated: it’s little jets of outside air, directed through those “eyeball” vents. The airflow depends on airspeed, so it doesn’t work on the ground. But FWIW my conclusion from this trip was that I wouldn’t spend the weight or money on A/C even if it were available, because it’s purely a “while taxiing” problem. I recognize that other people’s tastes may vary.

SCOOP!!!

Engine - IO 550-n/310HP

Prop - Hartzell 3 blade

Max Gross - 3400 lbs

Arnav ICDS-2000 - stays

Wingspan 38.25 ft

A MOdel - $276,600US

B Model - $294,700

Options both models

Interesting

Well Darn! I opted for the 22 for payload considerations. If A/C is offered, the payload on the 22 will be only around 600 pounds with full fuel. Sure was hoping for something 182/Dakota like.

THE 182 HAS A USEFUL LOAD OF 1182 LBS, FILL THE TANKS AND YOU HAVE 630 LBS LEFT.

182 CRUISES AT 140KTS 75% POWER. THE 22 PUTS UP SOME GREAT NUMBER WHEN COMPARED WITH A 182 OR A DAKOTA. SAME WEIGHT,BETTER SPEED, PARACHUTE,BIGGER CABIN,BETTER CLIMB AND ON AND ON AND ON…ED

SCOOP!!!

Engine - IO 550-n/310HP

Prop - Hartzell 3 blade

Max Gross - 3400 lbs

Arnav ICDS-2000 - stays

Wingspan 38.25 ft

A MOdel - $276,600US

B Model - $294,700

Options both models

Interesting

Seems like now the decision is whether the extra 20 knots and little/no increase in payload is worth an extra 65K. Extra maintainence and fuel burn too. Darn.

Roger that!

I waited on the SR20 because of its real-world useful load, and now it seems the SR22 will also come up 50-100 lbs short of offering a true 4 seat aircraft - at least for MY family of 4.

I was REALLY looking forward to an A/C with 1200-1250 usefull so I could get 70-75 gal of fuel on board and go some where.

Given their problems with real-world weights of the SR20, you can look for the SR22 to actually come in around 1000-1050 lbs usefull

What a damn shame !!!

Different data point: I took my SR20 demo ride in Palms Springs in May. The heat inside the SR20 was less than a sauna, thanks to the gull wing doors that got closed only between hold short and position and hold. Still, it was terribly stuffy and not too passenger friendly. OATs of 95F in combination with the desert thermal bounces simulated a case of food poisoning quite well.

To put it more colorfully, even salesman Tom Bergeron’s khaki shorts were half-wet from sticking to the leather “C” configuation seats. Sweat stains covering your butt cheeks is a fine way to draw looks when you enter the FBO!

If Cirrus doesn’t make factory AC available, are there any good 3rd parties who can?

Well Darn! I opted for the 22 for payload considerations. If A/C is offered, the payload on the 22 will be only around 600 pounds with full fuel. Seems like now the decision is whether the extra 20 knots and little/no increase in payload is worth an extra 65K.

Personally I don’t think I can afford (ie, justify to my wife) a 22, though I’d like one, but here’s a question and a pirep about your concern:

Q: I don’t get the “little/no increase in payload.” Aren’t you doing an apples-and-oranges comparison? Ie, you’re assuming that the 22 would have (a) an A/C system and (b) full fuel of 80 gallons, and then you’re saying that a plane with all that extra weight wouldn’t carry much more than a 20 with (a) no AC and (b) 56 gallons. I mean, you could put 65 gallons in the 22 and go about as far as a 20 with full fuel, and have that additional 90 pounds of fuel weight to work with for starters, right?

Pirep: This journey I recently made involved genuinely hot conditions. Surface temperature at SLC was 95F. Surface temp at AMW (Ames, Iowa) was an even 100F. RAP (Rapid City, SD) was high 80s. At HVN (New Haven) low 90s. Crossing the Nevada desert at 9000 feet, the outside air temperature was, incredibly, 80F.

On the ground, with the doors closed, it was damned hot in all those places. I closed the door when actually starting the engine but otherwise held it ajar when taxiing, closing it only as part of the “cleared for takeoff” checklist. But in my experience, once I was 500 feet AGL, the cabin-cooling issue went away. The cooling system in the plane is not super-sophisticated: it’s little jets of outside air, directed through those “eyeball” vents. The airflow depends on airspeed, so it doesn’t work on the ground. But FWIW my conclusion from this trip was that I wouldn’t spend the weight or money on A/C even if it were available, because it’s purely a “while taxiing” problem. I recognize that other people’s tastes may vary.

That was a good test of high temperature flying. Here in Chicago we leave one or both doors wide open until just before taking the runway. We close one door if a crosswind is blowing everything around. Be careful about having both doors open when parked if you don’t have the brakes on. A good wind can get it moving. As much as I would like the comfort of air conditioning I guess I agree with you that it might not be worth the money or the weight. I would like to hear the experience of someone flying in Florida however. You were flying in low humidity country.

Different data point: I took my SR20 demo ride in Palms Springs in May. The heat inside the SR20 was less than a sauna, thanks to the gull wing doors that got closed only between hold short and position and hold. Still, it was terribly stuffy and not too passenger friendly. OATs of 95F in combination with the desert thermal bounces simulated a case of food poisoning quite well.

To put it more colorfully, even salesman Tom Bergeron’s khaki shorts were half-wet from sticking to the leather “C” configuation seats. Sweat stains covering your butt cheeks is a fine way to draw looks when you enter the FBO!

If Cirrus doesn’t make factory AC available, are there any good 3rd parties who can?

OK, OK you guys have convinced me. The idea of taking off with less that full fuel has always troubled me, but I suppose 70 or 80 gallons should usually be plenty.

FWIW, I do have a Dakota and the payload is 751 pounds. It does NOT hav A/C and as I am based at BNA half the year and SPG the other half (Nashville and St. Petersburg Whitted), Air Conditioning would really be something I would order.

Thank you guys for smacking me on the head and helping me see the light.

My '85 TB20 seats five, holds 86.2 gals useful, has 1100 statute mile range, has close to 1200 lbs useful load, seats five, and is 3 kts faster than a TB20 … and it cost me over $75K less!

Not as modern, efficient, or comfortable, I’ll admit, but it ain’t bad either!

Joe

(Former position holder)

Roger that!

I waited on the SR20 because of its real-world useful load, and now it seems the SR22 will also come up 50-100 lbs short of offering a true 4 seat aircraft - at least for MY family of 4.

I was REALLY looking forward to an A/C with 1200-1250 usefull so I could get 70-75 gal of fuel on board and go some where.

Given their problems with real-world weights of the SR20, you can look for the SR22 to actually come in around 1000-1050 lbs usefull

What a damn shame !!!