SR22 accident

Fly the profile and I dont think good pilots will have a problem. I also dont think it’s an affective crosswind plane, the cirrus is more like a hot rod, a 993 porsche

I agree with Dave. It is a hot rod, but in my opinion it is easy to land in crosswinds and it has great low speed handling unlike most hot rods. I have pretty handily exceeded the max crosswind component myself in some bad weather. Don’t like to do that, but when you have to it nice to know you can.

I think the plane is a pussycat to land, it just lands like a high wing loaded plane. Carry power and manage your airspeed. That is a bit more challenging than your average spam can, but something really that all pilots should learn. Airspeed control is one of the major secrets in landing anything.

Roger
N706CD

Au contraire, I think it’s a wonderful crosswind plane. It is trivial to land in crosswinds that would be impossible in most of the planes we’re otherwise used to. High wing loading and higher approach speeds make it require less dramatic control inputs and reduce its sensitivity to gusts. 10-15 knot crosswind components you can do in your sleep. Worst I’ve tried (and succeeded) is 35G42 at 60 degrees to the runway (xwind component around 30 knots.) That was a hell of a ride though; I sure didn’t want to try it again!