So I'm confused -- did a SR-20 land off-airport???

Okay, I’m lost now. Was it an Sr-20? Was that a… let’s call it a “misinformed post?”

Updates appreciated.

Hi Dean,

I talked to CD yesterday. They confirmed it was a Cirrus which made a forced landing into a field due to an engine blow-up. No injuries and practically no damage to the aircraft. That’s all they could confirm. They don’t know the reason for the engine failure and are not willing to speculate. They said it could take a few weeks before the engine could be examined and the reason ascertained. Hope this helps.

Placido

Okay, I’m lost now. Was it an Sr-20? Was that a… let’s call it a “misinformed post?”

Updates appreciated.

It was an SR20 that did make an emergency landing and crashed into a fence. I thought the damage was slight, but the airport manager says he thinks the plane frame is totaled. The wings took a direct hit on the fence posts and must of cracked the composite integrity, the door doesn’t close well, so the fuselage may be damaged.

Although the damage looks slight, internally it may be severe. The engine did sling a rod with a hole in the top of the engine. The pilot did a great job of putting the plane down in a pasture with no injury to himself. Just wasn’t lucky enough to avoid that fence.

Registration was N174CD, Ser.#1057 registered Oct. 7, 2000 in Albany, Georgia.

Updates appreciated.