SR22 A models?

Just curious…anyone know about how many A model 22’s vs B model 22’s have been ordered? We have #102, an A model and would like to hear from other A modelers. Anyone out there with #101? I suspect since none have been delivered, and with enough voice, any substitutions (avionics) to this model might be possible.

Chris

Just curious…anyone know about how many A model 22’s vs B model 22’s have been ordered? We have #102, an A model and would like to hear from other A modelers. Anyone out there with #101? I suspect since none have been delivered, and with enough voice, any substitutions (avionics) to this model might be possible.

Chris

I have #101, scheduled for 28 September 2001; it’s also presently an “A” model.

I have #121 with a date of October 31 (haven’t had a revised date yet). I went for the A model for a few reasons. First, I asked if the auto pilot is upgradeable and was told that it is. Second, when I looked into the Sandel, in addition to many fine points, I found that you have to change the bulb that provides the backlight for the screen every 50 hours. That seemed like a pain, but it also got me thinking about how much fun it would be if that bulb burned out in IMC (I understand that that the 50 hour bulb change is supposed to prevent this, but I wasn’t interested in putting Mr. Murphy’s law to the test). Third, I would rather put the money into a storm scope, TCAD, engine monitoring and a back-up AI. I feel that would provide greater safety and value. Finally, I figured that going for the B model wasn’t going to advance my delivery date very much (in fact there was no change form the SR20 date).

Any word on when the SR22 “A” deliveries are likely to begin?

Chris

Chris

I have #101, scheduled for 28 September 2001; it’s also presently an “A” model.

Kevin, we are also scheduled for the 28th. I like to see the option of upgrading to the S-Tec 55 for the Altitude preselect and ILS glideslope coupling. Other than that, we’re satisfied with the other avionics offered. The Sandel and extra GNS430 are nice toys but, in our opinion, provide too much redundant information.

Kevin, we are also scheduled for the 28th. I like to see the option of upgrading to the S-Tec 55 for the Altitude preselect and ILS glideslope coupling. Other than that, we’re satisfied with the other avionics offered. The Sandel and extra GNS430 are nice toys but, in our opinion, provide too much redundant information.

I have no complaints about how Cirrus decided to equip their planes, but I am a bit of a curmudgeon about things like an HSI (who really needs this expensive to buy and expensive to fix thing in this age of color moving maps?). My 260se has one (1) GNS430, one KX155 with glideslope, and a wing-leveling AP with heading bug. Granted I would enjoy altitude hold, but this stuff can get me anywhere anytime with only light-to-moderate workload under any IFR conditions I’m likely to fly in. I have considered another $15-20K of panel upgrades–new transponder, audio panel, autopilot–but so far the cure has been to lie down in a dark room until it goes away! :slight_smile:

I have no complaints about how Cirrus decided to equip their planes, but I am a bit of a curmudgeon about things like an HSI (who really needs this expensive to buy and expensive to fix thing in this age of color moving maps?). My 260se has one (1) GNS430, one KX155 with glideslope, and a wing-leveling AP with heading bug. Granted I would enjoy altitude hold, but this stuff can get me anywhere anytime with only light-to-moderate workload under any IFR conditions I’m likely to fly in. I have considered another $15-20K of panel upgrades–new transponder, audio panel, autopilot–but so far the cure has been to lie down in a dark room until it goes away! :slight_smile:

Kevin,

I hope you dont mind these questions on your 260SE:

Top Speed KIAS & KTAS

Service Ceiling

Fuel Capacity

Useful Load (including Full Fuel)

Stall Speed

Take off Distance

Landing Distance

And of course How much is the A/C??

Thank You,

Mario

Kevin,

Top Speed KIAS & KTAS

Service Ceiling

Fuel Capacity

Stall Speed

Take off Distance

Landing Distance

Mario

I actually posted a lot of this information a while back (late May/early June 2000) after Walt and I flew to Kansas to pick up the 260se. Rather than risk boring most participants in this forum with a repeat, I will be happy to discuss with you “off-line;” most of the information is also available at http://www.260se.com. The Peterson home page also provides a link to the 260se owners’ group website. Dean G. on this board is also a 260se “driver.”

Please feel free to contact me by e-mail.

Kevin Moore N8367E@yahoo.com

Kevin,

Top Speed KIAS & KTAS

Service Ceiling

Fuel Capacity

Stall Speed

Take off Distance

Landing Distance

Mario

I actually posted a lot of this information a while back (late May/early June 2000) after Walt and I flew to Kansas to pick up the 260se. Rather than risk boring most participants in this forum with a repeat, I will be happy to discuss with you “off-line;” most of the information is also available at http://www.260se.com. The Peterson home page also provides a link to the 260se owners’ group website. Dean G. on this board is also a 260se “driver.”

Please feel free to contact me by e-mail.

Kevin Moore N8367E@yahoo.com

Kevin,

I checked out the site and indeed it is an awesome plane. Definitely worth considering.

Thanks,

Mario

Lou,

I have #122 and I also have an October 31 date. However, I have been unofficially advised to expect delivery around mid December 2001.

As for the bulb in the Sandel, I recall reading that during initial certification that the life of this bulb was dramatically longer than 50 hours. Regardless, for those who are still having a problem with the ARNAV, the Sandel 3308 will interface to just about anything! And if you still have anxiety, I would vote for replacing the turn and bank indicator with one that also incorporates and electric AI. I am about to do this in my Skylane.

Paul

I have #121 with a date of October 31 (haven’t had a revised date yet). I went for the A model for a few reasons. First, I asked if the auto pilot is upgradeable and was told that it is. Second, when I looked into the Sandel, in addition to many fine points, I found that you have to change the bulb that provides the backlight for the screen every 50 hours. That seemed like a pain, but it also got me thinking about how much fun it would be if that bulb burned out in IMC (I understand that that the 50 hour bulb change is supposed to prevent this, but I wasn’t interested in putting Mr. Murphy’s law to the test). Third, I would rather put the money into a storm scope, TCAD, engine monitoring and a back-up AI. I feel that would provide greater safety and value. Finally, I figured that going for the B model wasn’t going to advance my delivery date very much (in fact there was no change form the SR20 date).

Any word on when the SR22 “A” deliveries are likely to begin?

Chris

Actually, the bulb in the SANDEL is replaced every 200hrs or at your annual and costs $15 to do so.