SR20 Useful Load upgrade

Is this increase now a dead issue. When I took my pre-commitment check ride, I was told that the ubgrade (200 pounds???)would be part of the SR22 certification.

Any information out there?

They’re still working on it. I had understood that this would be a “paper” increase that applies retroactively to existing SR20s. But while I was asking questions about the SR22 upgrade, I was told that they are also looking at production changes to reduce the empty weight of new SR20s. I don’t know if these two approaches are tied together, or what the time table is.

Is this increase now a dead issue. When I took my pre-commitment check ride, I was told that the ubgrade (200 pounds???)would be part of the SR22 certification.

Latest info (unofficial) is that the current brake manufacturer has reduced the performance spec on their brakes to 2900 lbs max allowing no increase in gross weight at landing although that still might allow an increase in takeoff weight if enough fuel is burned off before landing. This may be addressed in future SR20’s (cut in #??) but would be a difficult and expensive retrofit to existing planes. Whole brake system, wheels, and even wheel pants would have to be replaced. I have to say that I am very disappointed with this development; I was counting on a POH only addition of at least 100 - 140 lbs in the near future.

They’re still working on it. I had understood that this would be a “paper” increase that applies retroactively to existing SR20s.

If I recall correctly, I was told that there should be a “paper” (POH) increase of about 100 pounds available to existing owners. The remaining increase (another 100 pounds) would require brake modifications. This is all unofficial information.