$130 an hour. The guy I spoke to said checkout

takes 2-3 hours and is given by one particular

instructor.

Given that an old 182 in these parts costs $100 an

hour this is not a bad deal.

I have no association with Dakota Ridge - just

suprised to see a SR20 for rent.

Robert

Yeah, I saw one for rent in Ft. Myers, FL too, also around $130/hr. They said its their most popular rental. They teach in it too.

Flew into Boulder Airport, CO and noticed

Dakota Ridge Aviation have a SR20 on the line for

instructor.

Robert

This is the SR20 that I fly. I saw it when it arrived and admired the way it is clearly 30 years newer than the current offerings from the old-guard GA aircraft manufacturers.

This particular plane doesn’t get much use (about 10 hours/month) because of its cost relative to the other planes available. Even though it rents for twice the other planes at the FBO, I wanted to fly it in order to get out of the 1970’s-Piper/Cessna rut I’ve been stuck in for twenty years.

The responsiveness and speed of the SR20, relative to other small singles, has forced me to improve all my skills (except for coordinated rudder inputs!!!). Even though it has lots of goodies to help you fly and navigate, the SR20 is more demanding of a pilot than the simple docile Cherokees I’m used to.

I’m a better pilot for having flown this plane and I appreciate Dakota Ridge Aviation’s willingness, patience, and ability in getting me there. It’s been a great opportunity for me. And I still have to polish up a bit more!

I hope more SR20s show up at FBOs so that more people can discover what modern aviation can be without having to actually buy the latest and greatest aircraft.

Kirk Fowler

instructor.

Robert

There’s one for rent at LOU for about $150/hr wet.

Yeah, I saw one for rent in Ft. Myers, FL too, also around $130/hr. They said its their most popular rental. They teach in it too.

instructor.

Robert

Last week I was in Ft Meyers and talked to the people of ‘Flight Safety’ flying school, for now they have 1 SR20 ‘C’ model for rent for $139,00/hr wet and another expected to be delivered next april. However renting will not be that easy, they expect 100+ hours experience and about 10 hrs check-out. Nice people, good looking company, new planes, thrustfull CFI’s. They intent to start 3 more flight schools in FL the next few years, also with SR20’s and 172(182).

instructor.

Robert

Kirk,

Is it a C model (dual 430s)? Glad you’re enjoying it.

Mick Simon

This is the SR20 that I fly. I saw it when it arrived and admired the way it is clearly 30 years newer than the current offerings from the old-guard GA aircraft manufacturers.

This particular plane doesn’t get much use (about 10 hours/month) because of its cost relative to the other planes available. Even though it rents for twice the other planes at the FBO, I wanted to fly it in order to get out of the 1970’s-Piper/Cessna rut I’ve been stuck in for twenty years.

The responsiveness and speed of the SR20, relative to other small singles, has forced me to improve all my skills (except for coordinated rudder inputs!!!). Even though it has lots of goodies to help you fly and navigate, the SR20 is more demanding of a pilot than the simple docile Cherokees I’m used to.

I’m a better pilot for having flown this plane and I appreciate Dakota Ridge Aviation’s willingness, patience, and ability in getting me there. It’s been a great opportunity for me. And I still have to polish up a bit more!

I hope more SR20s show up at FBOs so that more people can discover what modern aviation can be without having to actually buy the latest and greatest aircraft.

Kirk Fowler

instructor.

Robert

This is one of the first questions I asked the FBO. I think it’s a “B” (one 430 and one 420, if memory serves).

Kirk

Kirk,

Is it a C model (dual 430s)? Glad you’re enjoying it.

Mick Simon