Should you become a COPA member?

In reply to:

At the risk of ruining everyone’s fun, I ask can we put this all to rest and move on to something more productive? Like Cirrus Aircraft and aviation in general?

Well Cliff. Its a mixture of fun and pain. Just like life.
So, what is it you wanted to know about Cirrus aircraft and aviation in general.
I will try to answer it. If I can’t Jerry Seckler can, and I am sure that Mike R will have a picture of it.[;)]
Herein after, all questions must be posted with a happy heart and a smile in your voice, . . . er, words [:)]

In reply to:

…mixture of fun and pain…

I couldn’t agree more - My life’s story in icons:
[:)][:S][:@][:(][:)][:$][:O][:P][H][:(][;)][:D]!

My philosophy is life’s too short to fight the wrong battles. How one picks his or her battles is, of course, a personal matter. But, to quote and adopt the famous Curt Sanford’s motto (loosely and out of context) - for me it’s about head, heart and hands. (Getting this quote was worth the $50’s in COPA dues alone[:D])

Of course some would respond, “let me get 'em in a head lock and rip his heart out with my hands[:D]”

Mr. A penis:

This is just too easy, with a name like that it’s not hard to see what kind of person you are!!! hahaha. There you go, now you get to be made fun of on a personal level. If you took the time to read everything that was written before that post of mine, you would realize I said that to show the others what it might feel like if I called them names. Instead you took it out of context and did not include what the others said before. And another thing, keep up the good work in showing prospective COPA member who are deciding whether to join or not. Your big mouth just cares about itself and not the big picture which is the group you guys are supposed to represent.

In reply to:

Mr. A penis:
This is just too easy, with a name like that it’s not hard to see what kind of person you are!!! hahaha. There you go, now you get to be made fun of on a personal level. If you took the time to read everything that was written before that post of mine, you would realize I said that to show the others what it might feel like if I called them names. Instead you took it out of context and did not include what the others said before. And another thing, keep up the good work in showing prospective COPA member who are deciding whether to join or not. Your big mouth just cares about itself and not the big picture which is the group you guys are supposed to represent.

That’s it! The answer to all complaints!

Now we have a self appointed (anointed?) policeman, one who is perfect in every respect, is not a member so that his impartiallity is beyond reproach, and one with the wisdom of Soloman. Now, if we could just get beyond his sophomoric personal attacks, like the ones that seem to offend him so much.

In reply to:

Mr. A penis:
This is just too easy, with a name like that it’s not hard to see what kind of person you are!!! hahaha. There you go, now you get to be made fun of on a personal level.

C’mon…at least have some creativity. Funny thing about my name is that in my 40 years, the only people who have commented on the “penis” part were exceedingly low class.
The other thing about my name is that I’m proud of it.
I say everything that I do with the honour and integrity and conviction of my words with my name clearly attached.

For obvious reasons you cannot, and hide behind your “anonymouse” nom de troll.

In reply to:

If you took the time to read everything that was written before that post of mine,

I did. You might remember the mention I made to you about crying for your freedom of speech rights but chastising others for expressing their opinions on the nefarious marketing techniques of your esteemed colleague.

In reply to:

…you would realize I said that to show the others what it might feel like if I called them names.

Even you know that you’re lying in claiming that now.

In reply to:

…Instead you took it out of context and did not include what the others said before.

The entire thread that you refer to in your oringinal post is there for all to read. I only used your own words to illustrate the hypocrisy of your claim that we were rude.

In reply to:

And another thing, keep up the good work in showing prospective COPA member who are deciding whether to join or not.

Thank you, I will.

If my responses to you offend potential members (like yourself) I think our club is infinitely better off without them joining.

Conversely, if potential members feel that your and Mr. Radek’s conduct here should be the way members communicate, then I also believe that we are better off with them joining you and Mr. Radek in your flycirrus.net forums.

In reply to:

Your big mouth just cares about itself and not the big picture which is the group you guys are supposed to represent.

Behind the $50 Door you would find that I contribute mainly to technical and other issues relating to our airplanes.

Why is it so hard for you and Mr. Radek to contribute something other than criticism, repetitive unpaid commercial advertisements under varying premises and hysterical blabbering?

I know why!

In reply to:

Isn’t there a way to OUT this guy from checking the “source” of his posts or tracing something in the code that is in his posts.

It’s not necessary, Jeff
In exchange for his claim to free speech, I also can assert my right to free speech and share with you all kinds of public information I have about the troll, including, but not limited to:
His IRS tax liability issues
His Tax liens
His Bankruptcy
His FAA medical records
and lets not forget what he did to his wife.

Yes, free speech is a wonderful thing for the door swings both ways.

In reply to:

Isn’t there a way to OUT this guy from checking the “source” of his posts or tracing something in the code that is in his posts. I’m no computer tech, but I’m tired of crackpots like this polluting our fine forum. Not once has this character contributed in a constructive way to our interesting discussions that have broadened my, and I’m sure many member’s knowledge in all things aviation, and without doubt, I’ve become MUCH more Cirrus-savvy by being a happy memebr of COPA. I’m well into my second year and it’s the best $100 I’ve spent besides my date with Kimberly, but that’s another story.
And this Anonymouse has now reached a new low in the history of COPA. As evidenced by saying this:
And then then posting a beyond-the-pale reply to Robert from Canada under the title “Irony”. He’s obviously defeated his own argument and should realize that his words carry no weight whatsoever.
This guy’s a troll. Like ART, let’s not feed his poisonous appetite.
And whatever Radek has been trying to do, it’s been completely besmirched by this guy. So if I was Radek, I’d be pissed.
Jeff

Jeff and I had a political agrument just the other day, however we stand shoulder to shoulder on this one. Jeff please check below (i don’t know how to copy the post with one of those cool blue here links) and see who started the one called is it ART?? We call people like this energy suckers in my practice.

Jeff,

Most forum software logs IP addresses, I am sure our COPA forum does.

If this guy is using anything but a modem to connect his IP address is probably constant, so it would not be hard to match IP addresses with other user names to confirm identity.

Also if COPA desires his IP address can be blocked at the COPA server. Not really worth engaging the fellow. He is in the same class as a computer virus.

Geez guys, I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait to join your wonderful group and meeting personally with all of you.

In reply to:

Geez guys, I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait to join your wonderful group and meeting personally with all of you.

No rush

Do you not know when to drop it? All these threads that you are trying to keep going are really past their sell by date! Just let it go.

In reply to:

Hope it’s not in a dark alley

In reply to:

Hope it’s not in a dark alley

You wouldn’t stand a chance.

And you are a lawyer? Talk about getting a life!

In reply to:

And you are a lawyer? Talk about getting a life!

Some times I do pro bono work for the mentally insane and you just seemed like you were worth the trouble.

I must say I am a fan of Dennis :slight_smile:

A dark alley would be bad, yeah, even a well lit alley would not be good…

Rick

In reply to:

he uses one of the many free IP spoofing / readdressing / redirecting servers

Not smart enough.

In reply to:

Unless, like many of us geeks out there in cyberspace , he uses one of the many free IP spoofing / readdressing / redirecting servers…

It is not possible to spoof an IP address in the TCP/IP protocol. In the UDP protocol yes but HTTP is based on the TCP/IP protocol and therefore cannot be spoofed. However, he could use proxies to obscure his ip. I have even written proxy chaining proxies so you can link an infinite number of proxies together to make tracking virtually impossible.

Had too much time on my hands before learning to fly :slight_smile:

Rick

In reply to:

Not smart enough.

Yes I am sir. bingo!