Questions about maintenance on Cirrus aircraft

I’m a long time Bonanza pilot / A&P, and I’m considering moving to a Cirrus primarily because of the chute; it would give my wife an option she doesn’t have with the Bonanza. I’m 71, in good health, and I have owned and maintained a number of different aircraft since I began flying in 1962. I’ve owned two Bonanza’s and have done all of the maintenance on both of them for the past 30 years or so.

Are there any COPA members who maintain their own Cirrus? I’m not interested in learning composite repair techniques, so anything having to do with composite repair would be taken to an expert. I would like to do all the rest myself, including avionics install, etc.

Here’s a link to my web site showing my present Bonanza and what I’ve done with it over the years that I’ve owned it.

http://uppercanyon.us/N61JC/

Thanks,
Joe Christian

They are pretty simple aircraft. I’ve replaced most of what can be replaced on the aircraft.

Joe,

Quite a few of us maintain our own Cirrus. I am also an A&P. Standard stuff throughout except for the composite airframe. I’ll be glad to help with any questions you might have. Email is flycirrus at aol dot com