Quality Control

Reading the post below, abour quality control issues, made me wonder. When buying a new Cessna, Piper or some other aircraft, do these aircraft have a lot of squaks as well?

I have an SR20 on order, due next June (not holding my breath). This will be my first airplane that I have owned.

KClark

If “Post below” is in regard to the ARNAV question, then this has nothing to do with the Cirrus Design quality control. Remember that all the discussion is about a product not yet STCed, and designed for the SR20, not SR22. For sure it’s not Cirrus fault that ARNAV offers retrofit kits to SR22 owners without having made sure that the system works. Then, however, they clearly say “Field installation”, which is as it is: lengthy and full of traps.

I had a couple of small problems when picking up my plane in Duluth, but they were all fixed within a day or two. Whatever happened later (vacuum pump failure, landing light failure) is, in my opinion, not related to Cirrus Design QC. However, they responded fast and friendly all the time.

So, look forward to having a great experience when picking up your plane in Duluth!!

Timm Preusser N747TG

Reading the post below, abour quality control issues, made me wonder. When buying a new Cessna, Piper or some other aircraft, do these aircraft have a lot of squaks as well?

I have an SR20 on order, due next June (not holding my breath). This will be my first airplane that I have owned.

KClark