Problems- Technical help please?

Just took delivery of SR-22 G2 in Maui. Can’t finish the training because of some issues and hopefully some of you can come up with some good ideas.

1. After we removed the ferry tanks, there was air in the fuel line which had to be manually sucked out, then we could start the engine. Engine runs fine. But everytime we go to start the priming is not sending fuel to the engine. We had to purge the gascolator and hit prime to start it up. We are stumped. The factory said it is possible the fuel pump is leaking air into the seal? Maybe, hard to believe.

2. The PFD went out in training today. All X’s across the board. The ferry pilot said incidication on MFD over the Pacific that the essential bus was putting out 13V. Key word is indiciation, looking at the alternator all were functioning normally. I wonder if this has anything to do with the PFD failing today? Also Cirrus put in a SR-20 PFD vs. and SR-22 PFD data unit. Isn’t that nice.

3. Pilot door seems to have a leak, seals are nice and clean, but there may be some sort of gap and the air noise gets louder with speed. Is the door tweaked? Is it a poor design? How do we fix this?

Any ideas out there would be great because I am 3,000 miles from any experienced folks…Thanks…Aloha… Laurence

Laurence,

I’ll give it a try.

Item 1. I wonder if there is not a problem with the transducer that senses oil pressure for the prime circuit. Cirrus has a transducer that does not allow prime with oil pressure present. Could be a problem in that circuit.

Item 2 Unless there is a recent change PFD’s are the same. There are setup screens in the PFD to select the right aircraft. What gives you the indication you have a “SR20 PFD”.

Item 3 You have the new and improved door. You are on your own. Most of us have never seen one.

Bob

Laurence,

The following are waiting for you:

1. Voicemail on your home/work phone

2. Voicemail on your cell phone

3. Email

• Mike.

In reply to:

1. Pilot door seems to have a leak, seals are nice and clean, but there may be some sort of gap and the air noise gets louder with speed. Is the door tweaked? Is it a poor design? How do we fix this?

Laurence,

IÂ’ve got a G2 and had a problem with the PAX door not closing at the top. What I ended up doing was closing it with the pilot door still open a little so that there was less air compression. That did the trick for me.

I know when either door is not closed fully when I do the run up. You can hear a high pitched noise as the prop air rushes past the gap. One other thing I do is to push against the upper part of the door and the lower area to confirm that both are locked in place.

Hope that helps!

Item 1 sounds interseting, I will pursue it.

Item 2 , the PFD has the V speeds set up for the SR-20. UND instructor saw it in training.

Thanks for the help!

Just run it over to your nearest Service Center and have them check it out. [:P]

In reply to:

Item 2 , the PFD has the V speeds set up for the SR-20. UND instructor saw it in training.

That’s likely a VERY easy fix. Mike R. can provide details…

In reply to:

but surprised that passed acceptance

In reply to:

Done (last night).

• Mike.

Absolutely amazing.

They have managed to engineer a door that is more difficult to close than the original.

Maybe they should just hire one of the Service Center door repair wizards - its got to be cheaper than manufacturing them wrong and then paying to have the SCs fix them.