Price went up

Got a letter from Cirrus today of new selling price effective rite now to $197,600.00.And it looks like they have added gpss to base modle.The letter was from C. Maddy I knew they would they are still real fair price airplane im glad I have my May delivery locked in From Don Mertke

Got the same message but I am still confused. What are the current Cirrus delivery folks paying for their plane vs what they had originally contracted? What CPI index does Cirrus use? What happens if Cirrus delivers late? Do they continue to add on CPI increases indefinitely? With my delivery due later this year I am looking for a rough guess of how much more folks paid over a two year period from initial contract> Thanks, Brian >Got a letter from Cirrus today of new selling price effective rite now to $197,600.00.And it looks like they have added gpss to base modle.The letter was from C. Maddy I knew they would they are still real fair price airplane im glad I have my May delivery locked in From Don Mertke

Got the same message but I am still confused. What are the current Cirrus delivery folks paying for their plane vs what they had originally contracted? What CPI index does Cirrus use? What happens if Cirrus delivers late? Do they continue to add on CPI increases indefinitely? With my delivery due later this year I am looking for a rough guess of how much more folks paid over a two year period from initial contract> Thanks, Brian >Got a letter from Cirrus today of new selling price effective rite now to $197,600.00.And it looks like they have added gpss to base modle.The letter was from C. Maddy I knew they would they are still real fair price airplane im glad I have my May delivery locked in From Don Mertke

i can tell you stops at delivery datr of contract im grtting mine in may 3500 cpi fee

Got the same message but I am still confused. What are the current Cirrus delivery folks paying for their plane vs what they had originally contracted? What CPI index does Cirrus use? What happens if Cirrus delivers late? Do they continue to add on CPI increases indefinitely?
Hi Brian (or “Dr. Turrisi,” as I think of you, from giving me my first 3rd-class medical).

Here is what I understand the deal to be:

• Each purchaser pays the price he contracted for, not any subsequently-increased price. That is why some early positions sell at a premium, because they have a lower list price. Other side of this deal is: if equipment upgrades are made, you don’t automatically get them. You get the plane you contracted for at the price you contracted for.

• CPI clock runs until the contracted delivery time, not the actual delivery time. Or at least that’s how I understand it.

Anyone have a different understanding? jf

Got the same message but I am still confused. What are the current Cirrus delivery folks paying for their plane vs what they had originally contracted? What CPI index does Cirrus use? What happens if Cirrus delivers late? Do they continue to add on CPI increases indefinitely? With my delivery due later this year I am looking for a rough guess of how much more folks paid over a two year period from initial contract> Thanks, Brian

My contract states, “The purchase price shall be increased by an amount equal to the purchase price times the percentage increase in the Consumer Price Index for all Urban Consumers, U.S. City Average (1967=100, all items) as promulgated by the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, for the period beginning on the date of this agreement and ending on the ACTUAL DELIVERY DATE.”

if equipment upgrades are made, you don’t automatically get them. You get the plane you contracted for at the price you contracted for.

Actually, you always get the features on the production line airplane. But, if you had an early contract, you pay for the cost of the upgrade, plus the CPI increase. It is beneficial to have an early contract.

Got the same message but I am still confused. What are the current Cirrus delivery folks paying for their plane vs what they had originally contracted? What CPI index does Cirrus use? What happens if Cirrus delivers late? Do they continue to add on CPI increases indefinitely?
Hi Brian (or “Dr. Turrisi,” as I think of you, from giving me my first 3rd-class medical).

Here is what I understand the deal to be:

• Each purchaser pays the price he contracted for, not any subsequently-increased price. That is why some early positions sell at a premium, because they have a lower list price. Other side of this deal is: if equipment upgrades are made, you don’t automatically get them. You get the plane you contracted for at the price you contracted for.
  • CPI clock runs until the contracted delivery time, not the actual delivery time. Or at least that’s how I understand it.

Anyone have a different understanding? jf

Hi Jim:

Yes it the guy who did your FAA physical asking the questions. As you can see, we are getiing a variety of different answers. My understanding now is that the CPI “clock” stops at the original contract delivery date so if Cirrus runs a few months behind we do not get dinged for that. Is that correct? There have been a lot of changes in the last year and a half between the transponder issue and the change in autopilots etc. Is there any way of determining the “new cost” in total based on all of this?
Understand you are coming back to Maryland! I think that is great. When are you planning to move back?

Brian