Price increase and options

I got some more info from Cirrus Design about the upgrades and price increase. It seems the new avionics (GTX-327 transponder, autopilot System FortyX, System FiftyX and System 55 with GPSS) will be on new orders (at the new price).

Availability and price of these upgrades for existing position-holders will be announced later.

If other options are anything to go on, you can expect the upgrades to be priced to existing customers at 50% over manufacturer's list price .

I got some more info from Cirrus Design about the upgrades and price increase. It seems the new avionics (GTX-327 transponder, autopilot System FortyX, System FiftyX and System 55 with GPSS) will be on new orders (at the new price).

Availability and price of these upgrades for existing position-holders will be announced later.

If other options are anything to go on, you can expect the upgrades to be priced to existing customers at 50% over manufacturer’s list price

I just had a conversation today with the European Sales Rep. asking him exactly about this price increase. He told me that we the existing clients would get the new avionics with no price increase. I think this price increase has to be considered the same as the two ones we had last year, this plane is still “cheap” compared to the others and demand is pushing up prices, IMHO

Placido

I just had a conversation today with the European Sales Rep. asking him exactly about this price increase. He told me that we the existing clients would get the new avionics with no price increase.
This is not what I was told yesterday by Chris Maddy, Cirrus’ PR person. He said the new equipment would be on new price planes, but would be offered to old price customers as an upgrade. This is what happened with the Trimble/Garmin switch - the price went up to accomodate the more expensive avionics.

I don’t think the price rise is just because of the avionics upgrade, but I think it’s unlikely that Cirrus would give away an upgrade like this for free.

He said the new equipment would be on new price planes, but would be offered to old price customers as an upgrade.>

This seems like a reasonable policy, as long as the upgrade cost for “old price” customers is in line with the real difference in component costs. If the new Garmin transponder costs (let’s invent some number) $2000 more than the old one and Cirrus offered it as a $2000 or even $2250 option, that would seem very fair. And if they priced it much higher, “old” customers could decide not to take it and be no worse off than than they were before this option was announced.