Position 163 delivery date confirmed

I have been notified to expect to pick up my SR22 (position 163) April 30,2001.

Wow! Not close enough to smell the avgas, yet, but exciting nonetheless.

My SR22 is scheduled for delivery in April, 2001. It was SR20 position #174. I guess it will be

delivered on April 31st :slight_smile:

But seriously, folks, I don’t think that many positions that early are converting. #174 may well be the next one after #163.

Is the SR22 certified yet? The answer bears hugely on the delivery dates.

But seriously, folks, I don’t think that many positions that early are converting. #174 may well be the next one after #163.

I think maybe a fair number are converting, actually. At SBA last week, Ian said they had as of then received at least 160 notices of intent to convert.

My own SR20 position was #249, and I was given an SR22 delivery date of 28 September 2001. Cheap fellow that I am, I indicated that I wanted the SR22 “A” conversion, and Alison at CD told me they slotted me and other “A” requestors in after the first 100 SR22 B models. Thus by 28 Sept. next year they will already have delivered at least 100 SR22’s, along with however many SR20s remain “unconverted.” I can only surmise that nearly 100 SR20 positions earlier than mine have converted. However, I’m not sure how/when they are fitting in those who got in line early just for an SR22 (about which I care not at all, but would just be curious).

This really looks like an exciting plane, especially for the price. Its cruise performance is competitive with Mooney Eagle/Ovation, its climb is better, payload ~100 lb better, insurance lower and so on. Ian told me it burns just under 17 gph (16.7) at 75% cruise–quite good efficiency. Two doors and a parachute! All for $80-180K less than those planes; i.e., about 10% more than a new C182. Congratulations again to Cirrus.

Kevin Moore

However, I’m not sure how/when they are fitting in those who got in line early just for an SR22 (about which I care not at all, but would just be curious).

Kevin,

I understand that SR22 positions are determined by the date the original deposit was received, regardless of whether that deposit was for an SR22 or for an SR20 that was later converted to an SR22. Even if you were first to put down a deposit just for an SR22, you won’t get the first SR22 off the line. That one goes to the earliest converted SR20 position.

By the way, are you going to sell your 260se once your get your SR22?

By the way, are you going to sell your 260se once your get your SR22?

No I don’t really want to sell the 260se as I am quite delighted with the plane, its capabilities and comfort for my family. So far after the initial TCM crankshaft episode it has been trouble-free and a lot of fun.

The ideal solution–if you could call any of this a “problem”-- would be to find a partner or two in this area who share my attitudes about flying and fastidious maintenance, to jointly look after and fly both planes. We’ll see what develops!

Is the SR22 certified yet? The answer bears hugely on the delivery dates.

No, not yet. Cirrus say they will lodge the application for issue of the type certificate with the FAA on October 15, and expect it to be issued within 30 days of application. They have also said that issue of the certificate within that time could see the first production aircraft completed before the end of the year.

We shall have to wait and see…