Porta-Chill

Very Clever!
I have filed this under my SR22 tips files, both text and pictures and will assemble one according to BOM.

Nice job! Thanks!

Walt N224AZ

William, looks pretty neat. Where would I buy the CPU fan and solar panel?

Andy

BOM – an acronym for…?

I got the fan out of an old 133 Mhz pentium computer, but you can get an equivalent fan at Radio Shack. I got the solar panel at Northern Tool and Equipment Company (www.NorthernTool.com). I got the PVC fitting at the local Lowe’s Hardware store.

BOM=Bill of Materials.

Walt N224AZ

Don’t get me wrong, I like your idea, but it is not blowing chilled air of any kind. The portachill does.

In reply to:

No, I won’t be offering power supplies for either.

Why not !
No debate on this. The unit to me is way too big, too heavy, too much current - looks great for other uses though.

I did an internet search and there are other devices - either too big, not adaptable to aircraft, or too heavy. :frowning:

I read the two patents on this…pretty cool…
the only issues would be size and cost…but
leaving that aside they have found a way to use
water instead of refrigerant as an almost
complete refrigeration system…

amazing that power use is within normal ranges…
really good aplications would be hospitals and other emmergency places in very hot areas…

porta chill probably blows at about the same temp…but for about 30 minutes unless going to block ice…

cool subject…

another impressive thing porta chill is the power of the fan…that was one of the coolest things…how powerful that fan was…It has serious cooling capacity…