air conditioning

1. Does anyone know if Cirrus plans on including A/C as an option on future models?

2. Are they considering a retro-kit?

3. Are there any ‘aftermarket’ units available?

the runways are burning up in Richmond…all that viewing area is great…but it also acts as a huge magnifying glass…ouch!

Don

1. Does anyone know if Cirrus plans on including A/C as an option on future models?
  1. Are they considering a retro-kit?
  1. Are there any ‘aftermarket’ units available?

the runways are burning up in Richmond…all that viewing area is great…but it also acts as a huge magnifying glass…ouch!

Don

Hey Don,

Do you know what lies south of Richmond??? Just a short Cirrus hop away… RDU=Raleigh Durham Int.

Just so happens that I fly out of RDU. I would feel no discomfort if you zipped down here by accident, on purpose, or for whatever reason I could come up with, as long as it resulted in me in your airplane.

In all seriousness I would love to see an SR22 up close and in person. Please feel free to email me if you are ever planning to come to RDU. Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Bob 509 (green with envy)

Don

There’s a portable unit on the market called “Porta-chill” that I’ve seen advertised in the major flying magazines. It’s a cleverly modified ice chest that plugs into a cigarette lighter outlet. The website is www.portachill.com.

I don’t know how effective it is, but the guy claims that it will put out 60 degree air for around 25 minutes (until the ice melts).

The nice thing is–if you don’t need it, you don’t have to lug it around with you.

I agree. About the only reason I would buy a used Bonanza over a new Cirrus is for factory AC. Personally, I get really hot and uncomfortable in a low wing whenever the temperature is over 75F. Particularly if I’m waiting, waiting . . . waiting . . . for takeoff clearance.

Early on, Cirrus did market research on AC and discovered few people wanted it. But that may have been because of:

1. The low useful load of the SR20. Who wants to add 80 pounds when the full payload is only 480 pounds?

2. Or, a Duluth thing.

I hope Cirrus considers adding factory AC to the SR22. AC is a nice high-margin add-on that will make Cirrus and customers alike happy.

Don

Don

Hey Don,

Bob, My partners and I have a 22 due most likely in late Oct. or early Nov. Also based RDU.

Chris #102

Do you know what lies south of Richmond??? Just a short Cirrus hop away… RDU=Raleigh Durham Int.

Just so happens that I fly out of RDU. I would feel no discomfort if you zipped down here by accident, on purpose, or for whatever reason I could come up with, as long as it resulted in me in your airplane.

In all seriousness I would love to see an SR22 up close and in person. Please feel free to email me if you are ever planning to come to RDU. Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Bob 509 (green with envy)

Bob, My partners and I have a 22 due most likely in late Oct. or early Nov. Also based RDU.

Chris,

It seems that we need to get linked up! Would like to come see your plane when you get it.
Best of luck and I hope you guys do not go stir crazy waiting.

Bob 509

ps. You can email me if you would like to meet some time at RDU.

Darn,

There is a specific note on their website saying that the portachill is only to be used with H2O.

I was thinking that liquid O2 might be a better way to cool the cabin down, but they warned against oxygen toxicity. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: