Opinions please: aero tow/bruce cockpit covers

My SR22 will be arriving late August, so it’s time to order some miscellaneous items. Would appreciate hearing opinions on cockpit covers and tows. As I recall there was a post some time ago concerning cockpit covers made by Bruce. Also, Aero-Tow was mentioned although a search of the archives wasn’t fruitful. Aero Tow has a 100 and slightly more powerful 200 model. Any experience? Mundane items but I valve all the knowledge that passes on this site. Thanks.

Craig Wiggins

Craig,

Bruce’s covers are great and I love my Power Tow (powertow.com).

My SR22 will be arriving late August, so it’s time to order some miscellaneous items. Would appreciate hearing opinions on cockpit covers and tows. As I recall there was a post some time ago concerning cockpit covers made by Bruce. Also, Aero-Tow was mentioned although a search of the archives wasn’t fruitful. Aero Tow has a 100 and slightly more powerful 200 model. Any experience? Mundane items but I valve all the knowledge that passes on this site. Thanks.

Craig Wiggins

Craig, I own a small aero tow, and am very satisfied. It is easy to connect, and spares me dinging the nosegear fairing. (watch out, the standard tow bar will come off, and it is an instant $180 expense to replace the damaged decal) The aero tow moves my fully-fueled SR20 up a slight incline into my hanger. It is not fast, but adequate. The larger unit needed some final engineering on the SR20 attachment, so I got the small one. The owner of Aero-Tow, Terry, is one of the nicest people you’ll ever meet.

Not to give you more information than you really want to know, but the smaller unit is actually derived from an electric wheel chair motor. It is easy to reposition when turning the aircraft. Regards, Dave Shepard N952DS