Oil

As a long term user of AeroShell I was wondering if anybody has any experience with the new oil from Exxon?

I like the idea of a newly formulated oil and, in theory it seems like the new oil may provide superior corrosion protection, but I remember the Mobil 1 fiasco and that makes me a bit nervous about being the first on my block to use a new oil formulation.

Any experience or ideas?

J. Seckler SR22#69

Jerrold -

Have been using the new Exxon Elite oil for about a year with excellent results.

The recent reviews by Aviation Consumer would support the tests printed in the ads.

Overall, it isn’t terribly surprising that by applying the new anticorrosion and wear additives that have been developed for the passenger car market over the the last 10+ years, you can come up with a superior oil. And, at least in my case, better performance on the corrosion issue (with a plane that only gets flown once a week) is a big improvement.

So, my bottom line is that I’ve changed to Exxon Elite in order to get the benefits of 10+ years of additive technology.

As a long term user of AeroShell I was wondering if anybody has any experience with the new oil from Exxon?

I like the idea of a newly formulated oil and, in theory it seems like the new oil may provide superior corrosion protection, but I remember the Mobil 1 fiasco and that makes me a bit nervous about being the first on my block to use a new oil formulation.

Any experience or ideas?

J. Seckler SR22#69