Off To Duluth

I fly to Duluth tomorrow and pick up my plane (N7654T) on Friday AM. I’ll be student-flying it back to Santa Monica immediately (weather permitting) with the aid of the Wings Aloft Cirrus-certified instructor and then go through the two-day training at home with him—-and my SMO-based instructor auditing. I’ll post if anything interesting happens.

I fly to Duluth tomorrow and pick up my plane (N7654T) on Friday AM. I’ll be student-flying it back to Santa Monica immediately (weather permitting) with the aid of the Wings Aloft Cirrus-certified instructor and then go through the two-day training at home with him -and my SMO-based instructor auditing. I’ll post if anything interesting happens.

Congrats! And of course, any and all impressions will be interesting to the peanut gallery.

I fly to Duluth tomorrow and pick up my plane (N7654T) on Friday AM. I’ll be student-flying it back to Santa Monica immediately (weather permitting) with the aid of the Wings Aloft Cirrus-certified instructor and then go through the two-day training at home with him—-and my SMO-based instructor auditing. I’ll post if anything interesting happens.

Sounds like another “West Coast Fly-In” is in order soon (March/April?). I nominate SBP as the destination–nice eatery there. CCB: when do you anticipate having your license, or at least the comfort level to attend? Congratulations on picking up your “baby!” Keep us all posted!

Kevin

I fly to Duluth tomorrow and pick up my plane (N7654T)

Congrats! You are in for some fun. This time of year it should be an interesting trip … take something warm for DLH. I will be fun to have another Cirrus out here on the West Coast. Be prepared for “what type aircraft are you?” You will get that a lot in SoCal. Once you get settled and need a place to fly (as if you need an excuse) pick a spot for a West Coast fly in. I think Kevin recommended SBP, which is great and fine with me.

So, Chris … how’s the plane doing. Are you really based @ SMO. Tell us about your trip cross country … route, icing, experience, stops, and FBOs, etc.