CHRISTMAS in DULUTH

DEAR CIRRUS

Watch out California is coming to Duluth.Your time is up! Position holders #259,264 and 266 will be leaving the first of December to pick up our SR20A’s.Yes I know the planes are due in October but we dont want to be dissapointed again so we are planning on Christmas in Duluth.

We have commandered a vintage 1949 Nash School bus from some long hairs in Haight-Ashburry for our trip to the promised land. It will be powered by a borrowed Plymouth Slant-Six.We expect to arrive in Duluth on Christmas Day (that should be enough time to get there).The bus is self- contained with its own Anchor Steam keg on the roof.We are kidnapping a Wings-Aloft Cirrus instructor and Walt Conley so by the time we get there we wont need anymore instructions.We’ll just want our keys.

Make all our planes the same so we dont have to fight over them…No Options…Green…Wicker Seats…One Bladed Prop!. You cant miss us,well be in Bermuda shorts, Sun glasses, and of course Sandles. No Cirrus we wont forget the money We already have our Montgomery Wards money orders.

When we arrive at Cirrus we are going to finish-off the old school bus (if the beer is gone)and burn it up in your parking lot.So if your not ready with our planes we’ll be going to your house for Christmas dinner!

Last fool back to California is a rotten-egg…And we’ll keep the ($995.00) light on for ya.

dan yates

Sierra Sky Park

PS Thanks for letting me share my dream from last night with you.

I love it!! Wish I could go but I don’t hold a position on either plane. From what I see going on here you might want to plan on an Easter Egg Hunt instead… at least it won’t be so cold! Is this plane really worth the wait? Does it really meet the claimed specs or are they just like the delivery promises…

Hey, I’ve got my airplane already, but I want to go go with you guys. Remember,you are either on the bus or off the bus. Don’t forget the ELECTRIC KOOLAID.

DEAR CIRRUS

Watch out California is coming to Duluth.Your time is up! Position holders #259,264 and 266 will be leaving the first of December to pick up our SR20A’s.Yes I know the planes are due in October but we dont want to be dissapointed again so we are planning on Christmas in Duluth.

We have commandered a vintage 1949 Nash School bus from some long hairs in Haight-Ashburry for our trip to the promised land. It will be powered by a borrowed Plymouth Slant-Six.We expect to arrive in Duluth on Christmas Day (that should be enough time to get there).The bus is self- contained with its own Anchor Steam keg on the roof.We are kidnapping a Wings-Aloft Cirrus instructor and Walt Conley so by the time we get there we wont need anymore instructions.We’ll just want our keys.

Make all our planes the same so we dont have to fight over them…No Options…Green…Wicker Seats…One Bladed Prop!. You cant miss us,well be in Bermuda shorts, Sun glasses, and of course Sandles. No Cirrus we wont forget the money We already have our Montgomery Wards money orders.

When we arrive at Cirrus we are going to finish-off the old school bus (if the beer is gone)and burn it up in your parking lot.So if your not ready with our planes we’ll be going to your house for Christmas dinner!

Last fool back to California is a rotten-egg…And we’ll keep the ($995.00) light on for ya.

dan yates

Sierra Sky Park

PS Thanks for letting me share my dream from last night with you.

Screw the bus. Let’s get a cadillac convertable and a pint of ether.

OK, I already have a plane too, and I’m technically not now a Californian, since we’ve relocated to DC (though at this instant I’m in San Jose CA, after a Commonwealth Club event last night at NASA). But I will try to find a way to join the West Coast caravan, representing my native state.

I’d love to join the crowd! Imagine, Christmas in Dilute! Maybe we could caravan behind the bus in the Woodie. You know, we could put the long boards on top and the In 'n Out’s on the tailgate in case we get hungry on the road. If it turns out good, we could suggest that Cirrus host an annual “convergence” for their California Cirrians.

Hey, I’ve got my airplane already, but I want to go go with you guys. Remember,you are either on the bus or off the bus. Don’t forget the ELECTRIC KOOLAID.

Hi Bill,

We’ll save you a seat. We’ll provide the Kool-Aid if you bring the ether.

The theme of our twisted bus trip will be “Fear and Loathing in Duluth.” I actually carry a card in my wallet with http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/5752/index.htmlDr. Hunter S. Thompson’s signature. What better role model do we need?

As the Good Doctor himself put it, “When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro.” And what could be weirder than a bunch of Californians paying good money to plunge themselves into the bowels of a northern Minnesota winter?

Yrs. in Fear and Loathing,

Roger

http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/5752/index.html

OK, I already have a plane too, and I’m technically not now a Californian, since we’ve relocated to DC (though at this instant I’m in San Jose CA, after a Commonwealth Club event last night at NASA). But I will try to find a way to join the West Coast caravan, representing my native state.

Your ‘on’ the BIG bus.Im putting you down as the trip Historian. Paul T.can you handle the kidnapping of Walt?We still need a navigator and more importantly a bartender! Does anyone have a artificial Christmas tree with some 6 volt lights?

dan

Sierra Sky Park

"the worlds first aviation community"*

*(Plane & Pilot cover pg.June 01)

Lynn,

I agree, we’ll need to bring the In ‘n’ Out burgers for the trip to Duluth. Proof positive: a couple of years ago I visited the Lion’s Tap, a restaurant close to Flying Cloud Airport (FCM) in the Twin Cities. I ordered the ‘California Burger,’ imagining that it might come with avocado or something. It turned out that what makes the ‘California Burger’ distinctive is that it comes with lettuce and tomato!

Cheers,

Roger

I’d love to join the crowd! Imagine, Christmas in Dilute! Maybe we could caravan behind the bus in the Woodie. You know, we could put the long boards on top and the In 'n Out’s on the tailgate in case we get hungry on the road. If it turns out good, we could suggest that Cirrus host an annual “convergence” for their California Cirrians.

Lynn, I agree, we’ll need to bring the In ‘n’ Out burgers for the trip to Duluth. Proof positive: a couple of years ago I visited the Lion’s Tap, a restaurant close to Flying Cloud Airport (FCM) in the Twin Cities. I ordered the ‘California Burger,’ imagining that it might come with avocado or something. It turned out that what makes the ‘California Burger’ distinctive is that it comes with lettuce and tomato! Cheers, Roger

And you were thinking there wasn’t any exotic cuisine in Minnesota! For goodness sake! It’s not even tuna casserole unless you put the potato chips on top, don’t you know. Yaaah.

-Mike

And you were thinking there wasn’t any exotic cuisine in Minnesota! For goodness sake! It’s not even tuna casserole unless you put the potato chips on top, don’t you know. Yaaah.

-Mike

For a true taste of Minnesota cuisine — Duluth, specifically — go to visitduluth.com’s http://www.visitduluth.com/hotdish/Hot Dish of the Month web page.

Cheers,

Roger