Northeast Fly In

how about organizing a northeast flyin nj del. maryland penn area???

Ernie,

You’ve been reading my mind.

How about my (new) homebase? Allaire airport - BLM - close to the NJ coastline. 7,300 foot runway, restaurant on field, self-serve fuel, close enough to NYC if you want to stay over… far enough that you don’t have to see it if you don’t want to. (Although… just imagine a flight of SR2Xs strung out like pearls up the Hudson Corridor… we could give the crusty La Guardia controllers something to remember.)

How about a week from tomorrow - Sunday 25th?

• Mike.

The People’s Revolutionary Cirrus Fly-In Committee proclaims a unanimous “hear, hear!” and wishes it could be there! Have fun! As a former NJ resident, I recall that late April/early May can be drop-dead gorgeous in the northeast.

If you might attend a CECFI (Cirrus East Coast Fly-In), please email me (or post) your available dates ASAP. For my part, I’m OK with any weekend day up to Saturday, May 19th; not the 20th, because that’s my wedding anniversary, and I don’t want the title of FMCP (First Maimed Cirrus Pilot). After that, I’ll be traveling until early June, so that weekends starting with 6/10 are OK again.

Hopefully we can have a most-likely-to-suit-most-folks date within a few days, and then we can worry about the venue.

Mike.

All,

It looks like May 12th has won by a landslide; unfortunately for me, I have a family commitment that day (previously forgotten, but my wife reminded me…); so I won’t be able to attend.

Does anyone know of a way to “call in sick” to a family affair, and then still go flying?

• Mike.

…or if that doesn’t work out, how about Ocean City, NJ, on Sunday, June 10? I’ll be vacationing there (alas, without the Valiant).

glenn(#266)

…or if that doesn’t work out, how about Ocean City, NJ, on Sunday, June 10? I’ll be vacationing there (alas, without the Valiant).

glenn(#266)

Glenn, Mike, Ernie,

My wife and I would definitely like to attend an east coast fly-in. Unfortunately, Mike’s suggested date of April 29 will not work for us.

June 10 is fine, or sometime in May…

(Or we can just catch you guys next time around if 4/29 works for everyone else.)

Steve

I also would be very interested in northeast flyin, but April 29 does not work either. A date farther in the future might work out better for planning purposes.

Cheers!

Brand Fortner

314BF, based at FME

I also would be very interested in northeast flyin, but April 29 does not work either. A date farther in the future might work out better for planning purposes.

Cheers!

Brand Fortner

314BF, based at FME

Hello All ECCL (East Coast Cirrus Lovers);

Would love to attend a fly-in in May or June, as long as us Socata-flying-until-ourSR22-gets-here guys are welcome!

How does the weekend of May 12 sound to everyone?

Jeff

SR22 #228

Would love to attend a fly-in in May or June, as long as us Socata-flying-until-ourSR22-gets-here guys are welcome!

Jeff

SR22 #228

That will work for Steve and I! (But let’s make it a lunch – I have lessons in the mornings:))

Robin

N96706 Based at GAI

(The better half to Steve Lin)

Rivet lovers will have to park in the back row. I will be parked next to yours until Sept. Robin’s date is good for me too. May 12th

Have a great Cirrus Day

Woor

Cheers!

Brand Fortner

314BF, based at FME

Jeff

SR22 #228

Jeff

SR22 #228

That will work for Steve and I! (But let’s make it a lunch – I have lessons in the mornings:))

Robin

N96706 Based at GAI

(The better half to Steve Lin)

Hello All ECCL,

Where is the fly in going to take place on May 12?

Jeff

SR22 #228

Hello All ECCL,

Jeff

SR22 #228

First we should confirm that May 12th works – Mike, I think you were collecting votes for dates; does May 12th appear to work for a sizeable majority of folks?

I believe two suggestions for locales have been made so far – Mike’s home base of BLM and Ocean City, NJ (26N).

I’ve never flown to either place before, but Ocean City sounds like it might be nice - we could even sit on the beach for a while if the weather is nice. Plus it makes Mike use his plane rather than the car for getting to the FLY-in. :slight_smile:

Are the facilities at Ocean City amenable to a group of 5-10 aircraft stopping by?

Steve

May 12th at Ocean City works for me.

Richard #513

Hello All ECCL,

The ramp is spacious, and there’s a restaurant on the field (I’ve never eaten there, though). It is about a 5-6 block walk to the ocean (just under a half a statute mile). There are more restaurants along the boardwalk.

Glenn

p.s. Beware the Nimbys in the surrounding neighborhood. They succesfully lobbied to get rid of the rotating beacon; who knows what they’ll try next.

Hello, all–

As position holder #275 (fall
delivery?) and also a SOCATA
(Rallye) owner, I’d like to join
the fly-in. May 12 is fine with me.

Info on Ocean City:
Airport Diner serves 7-2:30. I’ve
flown in with kids; good sandwiches
and soup. $7 landing fee covers 24
hours. In May, 100LL sold 8-8.
FBO has good concrete ramp space
and showers for the many people
going to the beach three blocks
away. While its inside space holds
just a few, outside there are four
benchtables and the diner might
close for a private group.

Mike Strutzel

Alexandria, Va.

Got my vote. Ill be there.

–Brand

P.S. What time should we meet? Is anyone based there by any chance? I can bring the potato salad…

Cheers,

-Brand

Count me in also. Sounds like a good time/place!

Rob Bondy (#731)

P.S. What time should we meet? Is anyone based there by any chance? I can bring the potato salad…

Cheers,

-Brand

Count me in also. Sounds like a good time/place!>>Rob Bondy (#731)>>>>P.S. What time should we meet? Is anyone based there by any chance? I can bring the potato salad…>>>>Cheers,>>>>-Brand>

Hello All ECCL (East Coast Cirrus Lovers),

Brand made a good point. Since alot of us are contract holders and not yet fortunate Cirrus owners, we should get a way to identify each other. If you are coming, please e-mail me(ferrari@twcny.rr.com) with your name, plane type and tail number. I will compile a list and e-mail it back to everyone.

See you all May 12 in Ocean City.

What time works for everyone? 10? 11?

I will contact Bruce Gunter and see if I can talk him into bring up an SR22 for some demo flights.

Jeff

SR22 #228

Socata Tobago N55435