No more paper copies of Service Bulletins?

As a student pilot and Cirrus-owner-wannabe, there’s not much I can add to the conversation, but as a professional internet applications developer for the past 8 years or so, I believe I can offer a few suggestions to Cirrus that may help. It would then be up to you, the owner community, to lobby Cirrus for the enhancements.

First, Cirrus needs to develop an extranet for their web site. It’s an industry standard practice when a company needs to make proprietary information available to its known customer base. An extranet consists of:

1. A mechanism for owners to register as known users of the extranet
  2. A mechnism for Cirrus to validate that the person registering is truly a customer
  3. A mechanism for known users to log into a protected area of Cirrus’ site (where all the good stuff is)

Once the extranet is up and running, there are several additional Customer Relationship Management (CRM) enhancements that could be made like automatic email notification of SBs, allowing owners additional communications channels into Cirrus, etc.

– Ed Lucas
elucas@conbrio.net

Ed,

In reply to:

First, Cirrus needs to develop an extranet for their web site. It’s an industry standard practice when a company needs to make proprietary information available to its known customer base. An extranet consists of:1) A mechanism for owners to register as known users of the extranet2) A mechnism for Cirrus to validate that the person registering is truly a customer3) A mechanism for known users to log into a protected area of Cirrus’ site (where all the good stuff is)

Right on! These suggestions have already been made (repeatedly) to Cirrus and are on COPA’s Technical Liaison’s open issues list for continuing discussion with Cirrus. While Cirrus now has an in-house webmaster, the coding is done by an outside consultant. And so it goes.