N916LJ Flies!

SR22 N916LJ, contract #085, s/n 0080, has been test flown and is on the way to the paint shop. Can’t wait to take delivery next Thursday 8/23. PIREPS to follow!

Ed and John (0079 and 0081)- see you next Wednesday.

Jeff

PS

If you have already taken delivery of an SR22 and have any suggestions, ideas, things to look for, squawks, or any other words of wisdom relating to the delivery and training, I would sure appreciate it. Thanks!

Here are some random thoughts and suggestions for your pick-up.

Get all the IFR charts and plates you’ll need for your whole trip back. You might not be able to get them easily along the way.

Leave a few extra days in your schedule to wait out storms on the way home. The SR22 is a great IFR platform and after 70 hours and a fair amount of IFR flying in it, I still have a lot to learn and I would not want to get stuck in low-ceiling IMC in it (yet).

Leave time for Cirrus to finish building and fixing your plane after you arrive. If you delay picking up the plane, they’ll delay building it.

Expect lots of things to break during the first 50 hours. Leave time for Cirrus to fix these things while you are doing your training. Try to do all the training in your plane, not their demo model.

I fond the contract folks to be wonderful. The airplane, when not in the shop, is a dream. I wish you a great experience picking up your aircraft.

SR22 N916LJ, contract #085, s/n 0080, has been test flown and is on the way to the paint shop. Can’t wait to take delivery next Thursday 8/23. PIREPS to follow!

Ed and John (0079 and 0081)- see you next Wednesday.

Jeff

PS

If you have already taken delivery of an SR22 and have any suggestions, ideas, things to look for, squawks, or any other words of wisdom relating to the delivery and training, I would sure appreciate it. Thanks!

I picked up SR22 #62 on July 19th; have over 70 hours on the Hobbs. I took it to Seattle for an extra week with Wings Aloft (I have 3,000 hours but was out of the cockpit for 20 years)to regain my instrument proficiency. Absolutely the smartest thing I did!

Biggest recommendations 1) Read the Wings Aloft Training Manual and do the worksheets before you get there so you don’t look like unprepared and 2) Download and read the Garmin 430 Manual and download and practice with the 430 Simulator. Lack of proficiency with the 430 is the biggest weakness reported by Wings Aloft.

Here are some random thoughts and suggestions for your pick-up.

Get all the IFR charts and plates you’ll need for your whole trip back. You might not be able to get them easily along the way.

Leave a few extra days in your schedule to wait out storms on the way home. The SR22 is a great IFR platform and after 70 hours and a fair amount of IFR flying in it, I still have a lot to learn and I would not want to get stuck in low-ceiling IMC in it (yet).

Leave time for Cirrus to finish building and fixing your plane after you arrive. If you delay picking up the plane, they’ll delay building it.

Expect lots of things to break during the first 50 hours. Leave time for Cirrus to fix these things while you are doing your training. Try to do all the training in your plane, not their demo model.

I fond the contract folks to be wonderful. The airplane, when not in the shop, is a dream. I wish you a great experience picking up your aircraft.

Robert,

Thank you for the input.

Does anyone have specific items/squawks to look for when I take delivery? Its seems there have been some common problems (flaps touching the wings, loose wires, etc.) and some isolated problems. All help will be appreciated!

Jeff

N916LJ

7 days away!

I picked up SR22 #62 on July 19th; have over 70 hours on the Hobbs. I took it to Seattle for an extra week with Wings Aloft (I have 3,000 hours but was out of the cockpit for 20 years)to regain my instrument proficiency. Absolutely the smartest thing I did!

Biggest recommendations 1) Read the Wings Aloft Training Manual and do the worksheets before you get there so you don’t look like unprepared and 2) Download and read the Garmin 430 Manual and download and practice with the 430 Simulator. Lack of proficiency with the 430 is the biggest weakness reported by Wings Aloft.

Thank you Bob!

Jeff