N124CD

Followers of the last site will recall that N124CD
was going to be ready for collection from Duluth on Mon. 22 Nov.

I was geared up to go to Holland a week later to collect her.

The ferry pilot duly turned up on that day and received the aircraft on my behalf.

There was poor weather on Tuesday, so he left Wednesday and got to Thunder Bay, Canada. He waited there, again, because of weather for two or three days and then for what would appear to be personal reasons relinquished his position as ferry pilot and flew home leaving my plane on the apron at Thunder Bay.

It took a few days to clarify the situation then Cirrus very kindly collected the plane and took it back to Duluth.

We are now hoping to use a man who is one of the U.Ks most experienced ferry pilots who is avaiable at the begining of January.

Xmas is going to be a little bit late for me this year.

Followers of the last site will recall that N124CD
was going to be ready for collection from Duluth on Mon. 22 Nov.

I was geared up to go to Holland a week later to collect her.

The ferry pilot duly turned up on that day and received the aircraft on my behalf.

There was poor weather on Tuesday, so he left Wednesday and got to Thunder Bay, Canada. He waited there, again, because of weather for two or three days and then for what would appear to be personal reasons relinquished his position as ferry pilot and flew home leaving my plane on the apron at Thunder Bay.

It took a few days to clarify the situation then Cirrus very kindly collected the plane and took it back to Duluth.

We are now hoping to use a man who is one of the U.Ks most experienced ferry pilots who is avaiable at the begining of January.

Keep your chin up!!! At least your airplane is finished. There is a lot of us out here that have over a year or more to wait (and thats if they can keep a very healthy learning curve on the production line, and can achieve or exceed the predicted rates).

Good luck with your new toy. A lot of us are jealous!!!

BUMMER! When Christmas does come you will be thrilled … I’m sure. I will be most interested in the ferry pilots experience, route, timing, fuel load, etc. (I’m not contemplating going to Europe, but …)

By the way, it is important to have your engine broken properly. The engine owner's manual talks about running at 75% power or better for the first 25 hours. Mine was off to a shakey start as I don't think the early hours at Cirrus for test flights etc they were too observant. When I got my hands on the plane, I made sure I "stuck my foot in it". I clearly ran at 75%+ for another 20 to 30 hours. It appears everything is fine. The engine hardly burns any oil. I change at 50 hours (hobbs) ... oil (AeroShell 15W50) and filter. Good luck with yours and may your New Year be a good one.

Regards,

Walt

I am sorry that your first ferry pilot did what he did. I am happy for you. Your airplane is waiting on you. Most of us are not as Lucky “YET”

Anyone needing their new SR-20 delivered to them please contact me. I can also provide training.

Woor #324

ATP A&P CFII

pilot4hire@bigfoot.com

888 207 1189