N124CD Despair.

As far as I know N124CD is still in Portland Maine where she has been for 10 days now.I havnt heard anything from the ferry pilot for 5days. I think it is possible he is waiting for his colleague who is picking up another Cirrus for Europe, but I dont understand why. Another ferry pilot is also heading along the same route with a third Cirrus for Europe. Perhaps they are planning a trip together.

I didn’t follow the earlier thread all they way through regarding the collective name for Cirruses or should it be Cirrii. Whatever, a ‘flight’ of Cirrus arriving in Holland together would be an impressive sight.
Robin.

As far as I know N124CD is still in Portland Maine where she has been for 10 days now.I havnt heard anything from the ferry pilot for 5days. I think it is possible he is waiting for his colleague who is picking up another Cirrus for Europe, but I dont understand why. Another ferry pilot is also heading along the same route with a third Cirrus for Europe. Perhaps they are planning a trip together.

Robin, I realll feal for you or perhaps as one rominent politician over here once said, I feel your pain.’ (Only I mean it!)

I guess your experiences define frustrations, first waiting years for a plane, then once you buy it, waiting months for it to be delivered, when teh ‘ferry’ pilots are flying it all over the U.S.

Who is responsible for the ferry pilots? you or cirrus? It seems that the system sucks if you hve these problems. Are the all independent contractors? Can yo get references forst?

good luck.

AP, Thanks for your comments.

In answer to your question, I am responsable for the ferry. Just as I believe you are do the states, I purchase the plane ex-factory.
As regards the ferry pilots, the first one I had in November was certainly not good. However, the current one is regarded as one of the best around and came very highly recomended. I believe he ferries a lot of new Pipers over. I must just be unlucky. The worst thing is, that I sold my Arrow in mid November so not only am I not flying a Cirrus but I not flying at all.

However I have used my spare time working on the GNS430 trainer and have been through the manual from front to back so that should save training time in the plane. I also purchased a handbook for the plane which I have read thoroughly.