Missing SR-20?

Channel 17 in Minneapolis broadcasts aviation weather each morning. This morning they had a missing aircraft alert. Cirrus SR-20 116CD is missing. It left Tucson April 10 on a flight to Milwaukee. The broadcast asked all pilots to monitor 121.5 I hope this is just a case of someone forgetting to close a flight plan.

Hope Mark’s flight plan theory is right.

Statistically, there’s a death for every 75,000 hours of piston plane flying. I don’t recall the number of Cirri now flying, but if it’s 200, and each of those 200 flies 200 hours a year, or 40,000 hours, the odds are better than even that one of us will slip the surly bonds in a Cirrus over the next year.

I believe Cirrus will fulfill the Klapmeier’s aim of lowering fatalities. But let us never forget flying is inherently dangerous. John King took a lot of grief recently for saying this out loud. But he’s right.

Channel 17 in Minneapolis broadcasts aviation weather each morning. This morning they had a missing aircraft alert. Cirrus SR-20 116CD is missing. It left Tucson April 10 on a flight to Milwaukee. The broadcast asked all pilots to monitor 121.5 I hope this is just a case of someone forgetting to close a flight plan.

Channel 17 in Minneapolis broadcasts aviation weather each morning. This morning they had a missing aircraft alert. Cirrus SR-20 116CD is missing.

I believe this plane belongs to Doug Koehler, an early participant on this forum. Hope and assume that all is fine with him.

It left Tucson April 10 on a flight to Milwaukee. The broadcast asked all pilots to monitor 121.5 I hope this is just a case of someone forgetting to close a flight plan.

The next day (Wednesday 11th) I was flying from BMI (Bloomington, IL) to PWK (Palwaukee, Chicago Heights, IL). Near Rockford, Chicago Center asked me to monitor 121.5 for an ELT. They did this twice, about 20 miles apart. I did not hear anything.

I suppose it’s possible that they were looking for the missing SR20; I sure hope all is OK.

• Mike.