Migration 2020 Save the Date | October 8th -11th, 2020 | Amelia Island, Florida

I’m beginning to realize that my children may be the last humans needing babysitting at this shindig!

if you are willing, I’ll buy them a beer.

Oh, we shall…

we shall…

1 Like

Thank you Michael for organizing this years fly-over. We can call iit C2AI and fly down the beach in back of the hotel.

The tribe just refers to the flight as ”C2M.” Without an attorney in our midst, we find a certain elegance in simplicity.

Wanna join up and ruin all that? [8-|]

Are you in need of stress relief? Is your "Massage Therapy branch closed? Is your favorite bar shut down? Have you stopped drinking Corona Beer? Migration is still 195 days away, so make your hotel reservations NOW as we have limited allocation of rooms. More information and things to do can be found at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1012481985801715/

Be sure to click “LIKE” when you visit.

What if I am not on Facebook?

Yea . . . I heard that you were banned, but after 30 days, they might let you rejoin. Just don’t put in any core information and they’ll never know it’s you. Perhaps you could go under the alias “Penny Teethpuller”.

If they need a reference, you can count on me to say something about you.

GREAT NEWS! We are still 176 days away. The hotel reservations are up and the interest in Migration is booming.
Currently, well over 900 are following the event planning on Facebook. You too can join in and see what is going on.

@dennish @ErikGun, Why is event planning afoot on Facebook and not here on the COPA forum or the COPA main site? What should those of us that are not Facebook members, and do not wish to join that platform, do to keep up to date with Migration 2020 event information.

I was able to make hotel reservations through the link provided by @MikeKaz above, but registration for the event itself does not seem to be live yet, is that correct?

Correct. I have not opened registration due to the conversion of this site and the current Pandemic.

We will announce Registration here, as well as Facebook, and via email.

You can check out http://migration.cirruspilots.org/ for more info.

2 Likes

Thank you Erik, just wanted to make sure I didn’t miss out on any information on account of being a Facebook abstainer. :handshake:

Hans. The reason we use Facebook at all is that it allows us to have a simple interactive Group that is available to all and not just COPA members. There are over 1.6 million posts on the COPA forum pages and things can sometimes get buried. The Facebook Group is an alternative method to promote an activity. Of course, we do keep the COPA site fully informed but it’s not quite as visible to roughly half of the people on earth as Facebook is.
BTW, you can sign up for Facebook and just join the COPA Group and M-18 Group without disclosing any information at all, which many private folks do…
As evidence of my foregoing statement, you may note that this thread is NOT being followed by 900+ people.

You are correct. Hotel reservations are being made. The hotel has granted us a limited block of rooms at a lower rate, so registration early is a good idea. That said, the COPA event registration is not yet, live, so you have some time on this. After all, we are 176 days away from the event.

1 Like

Thank you Dennis, I am a COPA neophyte so I wasn’t sure what was up with Facebook and what role it played in the event planing, makes all the sense in the world, I have no interest in joining Facebook, but thank you!

I look forward to attending the event!

[quote=“hanstb, post:35, topic:99605”]
Thank you, Dennis, I am a COPA neophyte so I wasn’t sure what was up with Facebook and what role it played in the event planning, makes all the sense in the world, I have no interest in joining Facebook, but thank you!
[/quote]No problem Hans. We will let you know here at COPA when registration opens up. The interesting part about Facebook is that it allows us to attract all of general aviation to the party. i.e. those looking to buy or learn about Cirrus aircraft; those interested in learning about COPA; those with general questions that aren’t yet involved enough to spend the minimal cost of COPA membership. The COPA Facebook group, has 8,000 followers, independent of the COPA club forum here. Essentially, it’s a good way to spread the word as to the church of COPA.

I fully understand, my companies use Facebook, Instagram and other social media platforms for much the same reasons, I just never warmed up to it personally.

BTW, I see that you live in Miami. When this virus thing settles out, I’m based at TMB. Let’s do some flying together.

2 Likes

Beautiful airplane Dennis, I’ll take you up on that offer anytime!

I’ve been flying out of OPF for last several years but TMB is my native home! I did most of my initial flight training at Tamiami and was based there for many years, I continue to have close friends on the field, looking forward to meeting you when this crap blows over!

I don’t mean to distract you folks for stressing out over Corona stuff, but I for one, am in desperate need of listening to the waves and winds on the shore line.

BTW, the beaches at Amelia Island are already, partly opened