Midwest to Southwest Flight Tour! Apr 28 - May 2, 2018!

Hello fellow pilots! I am organizing a small group flight from the midwest (Chicago area departure) to the Grand Canyon and Sedona, and I have arranged a full day in Colorado Springs for advanced mountain flying instruction with a local flight school that specializes in mountain flying. April 28 - May 2nd, 2018.

The trip will start at Chicago Executive, but if you’re coming from another area, you are welcome to meet up with us at our first fuel stop. We have a fun first stop planned in Kansas City, and a local pilot has generously offered to host a BBQ in his hangar! From there, we’ll head to COS for a day of mountain flying training in your plane. It’s a roughly 5 hour course in your airplane. You’ll have a chance to land at the highest elevation airport in the US!

After Colorado Springs, we will head west to the Grand Canyon. We’ll land at a private airport inside the Grand Canyon, and spend a day enjoying the park and finally end the trip with a hop over to Sedona for a Pink Jeep Tour!

I’m trying to keep the group relatively small so that we can be flexible. This is just a fun trip planned by a pilot that loves to fly long cross country flights and is looking to share the experience with others. I’ve done the legwork for routing and lodging and activities and arranging for mountain flying training.

I only have two more slots available for pilots that want to do the mountain flying course. I have arranged a total group price that covers lodging, training, and some activities, or you can just pay your own way as we go. It should be a relatively inexpensive experience, as I have designed it to be budget friendly.

This is going to be a very fun trip! April 28 - May 2, 2018. Please join us!

Post your questions or send me a DM for more info.