Max Gross Weight of SR-20 Increased?

The article in the May, 2001 AOPA magazine on the SR-22 says the max gross weight of the SR-20 is now 3000lbs. Any update or confirmation from Cirrus?

P.S. What is the typical empty weight of a “C” option SR-20?

The article in the May, 2001 AOPA magazine on the SR-22 says the max gross weight of the SR-20 is now 3000lbs. Any update or confirmation from Cirrus?

John,
The only quotes I can find on the subject in the article are:
“The SR20’s max gross weight is 2,900 pounds, but Cirrus hopes to have a 100-pound increase this month.”
“With a typical full-fuel payload of about 575 pounds (at the new 3,000-pound maximum gross weight), the SR20 can carry three adults and bags.”

For quite awhile now, I’ve been hearing that we will be getting the 100-pound increase in May. (The article is in the May issue of AOPA Pilot).

Empty weights: Mine (C config, 3-Blade prop, leather), came in at 2121 lbs; I don’t know of any heavier. I’ve heard of some about 30 lbs less. If Cirrus had extra weight to sell, I bought it.

• Mike.

My basic empty weight is 2100 lbs. This is with a 3 blade prop which adds a few lbs.

My "C " model with leather, 3 blade, stormscope is 2093.

BK

John,

The only quotes I can find on the subject in the article are:

*“The SR20’s max gross weight is 2,900 pounds, but Cirrus hopes to have a 100-pound increase this month.”

“With a typical full-fuel payload of about 575 pounds (at the new 3,000-pound maximum gross weight), the SR20 can carry three adults and bags.”*

For quite awhile now, I’ve been hearing that we will be getting the 100-pound increase in May. (The article is in the May issue of AOPA Pilot).

Empty weights: Mine (C config, 3-Blade prop, leather), came in at 2121 lbs; I don’t know of any heavier. I’ve heard of some about 30 lbs less. If Cirrus had extra weight to sell, I bought it.

• Mike.

Thanks guys. Mike, your right - I missed the first statement which obviously qualifies the bracketed comment. Perhaps a little wishful thinking on my part.