looking at an SR22

To all:
I’m considering joining a local Cirrus “share” on a 2006 SR22. It’s got all the bells and whistles and a couple of hundred hours on the tach. I’ve test flown it and find the avionics a bit of a challenge (I have lots of IFR time but none behind a glass panel) and the trim system a real oddball: manageable, but totally non-linear in its response.
A couple of questions: what’s the protocol in joining an up-and-running share? Does the pilot buying in have the airplane assessed for current value (assuming it’s no longer worth what the trio paid for it last year)? Most of my hours are in an A36, which liked long runways, and a big-engine Navion, which levitates into the air without breaking a sweat (it’s the wing thing). So what is the best way to manage a transition from a very capable short-field airplane that can carry just about anything to a Cirrus that likes long runways and may be a bit more sensitive to cabin loads? Typical mission would be full tanks, three FAA people and a weekend’s worth of baggage in the hold.
I’m sure there’s tons of other questions but these are off the top of my head.
Robin White

#1, I would tell you to spend the $50 to join because you will find a lot more answers there as well as get a lot more responses to this question.

As for your question on how to buy into a partnership, I’m sure the cost to buy in is just like any other plane. Negotiation. At the end of the day you have to be happy and they do to. So I would recommend bringing it up with them and find out what they want.

I think if you are buying into a used plane you do need to know the current value to know what you are buying. That can easily be estimated by going to AOPA’s Vref and plugging in the particulars for the plane. That will give you a rough average of what it is worth. You will never know EXACTLY what it is worth until you sell it of course.
The SR22 has only 4 seats. Considering that you are not going to have HUGE weight differences between it and the A36 Bonanza. You can carry full fuel and 3 170 pound adults. You may not have a lot of weight for baggage but the SR22 fits that mission well.
As far as runways go, the plane requires no longer runways than the Bonanza.