Leaving for Duluth in a few hours

Leaving for Duluth shortly. Paperwork and acceptance Tuesday. Factory training on Wed and Thur with Wings Aloft. Wings Aloft will accompany me back to the Bay Area Thur/Fri thru Sat/Sun depending on weather and other factors.

Insurance was difficult for a low time pilot like me, finally got covered for about $7K per year.

Will report on the way if I can, but most likely after my return.

Talk to you all soon,

Scott k.

$ 7000,- a year for Insurance? What is covered?

Thanks for an answer.

Insurance was difficult for a low time pilot like me, finally got covered for about $7K per year.

Something just doesn’t seem right with this, Scott. My quote, round number, from AOPA (500 hr VFR pilot) was around $2,200 annually with typical liability/event/per seat numbers.

Can someone who actually has actually taken delivery comment?

Leaving for Duluth shortly. Paperwork and acceptance Tuesday. Factory training on Wed and Thur with Wings Aloft. Wings Aloft will accompany me back to the Bay Area Thur/Fri thru Sat/Sun depending on weather and other factors.

Will report on the way if I can, but most likely after my return.

Talk to you all soon,

Scott k.

wHAT WAS YOUR POSITION NUMBER AND WHAT IS YOUR ASSIGNED SERIAL NUMBER?

Something just doesn’t seem right with this, Scott. My quote, round number, from AOPA (500 hr VFR pilot) was around $2,200 annually with typical liability/event/per seat numbers.

I suspect that until there are more cirri “in the field”, the insurance quotes will vary quite a bit from company to company. I was given a quote from Avemco (whom I have pretty reasonably priced renters’ insurance from now) for about $5200 per year with $1M liability (something like $100k per seat) and $220k hull value. I’m instrument rated but only 250 hours.

I was told the reason it was so high was because it was composite – maybe they doesn’t insure many kitplanes and other composite aircraft???

I have since heard of people getting lower quotes, in the ballpark of what you mentioned ($2000-2500 annually).

I would think once the fleet has been in operation for a few years and they can gather some statistical claims numbers, the quotes will start converging a little closer - and hopefully on the low side!

Steve

Can someone who actually has actually taken delivery comment?

I’ve gotten 3 quotes for $1.0MM/$100M. Two were in the $2,900- $3,100 and $5,000 through Scott “Sky” Smith.

I have about 1,000 hrs., IFR, Wings annual training, clean record and about 100 hrs/yr.

$7,000 sounds very expensive.

I suspect that until there are more cirri “in the field”, the insurance quotes will vary quite a bit from company to company. I was given a quote from Avemco (whom I have pretty reasonably priced renters’ insurance from now) for about $5200 per year with $1M liability (something like $100k per seat) and $220k hull value. I’m instrument rated but only 250 hours.

I was told the reason it was so high was because it was composite – maybe they doesn’t insure many kitplanes and other composite aircraft???

I have since heard of people getting lower quotes, in the ballpark of what you mentioned ($2000-2500 annually).

I would think once the fleet has been in operation for a few years and they can gather some statistical claims numbers, the quotes will start converging a little closer - and hopefully on the low side!

Steve

NOBODY PANIC! THE LAST TIME I TALKED WITH SCOTT HE HAD YET TO GET HIS PRIVTE RATING. SO THE QOUTE IS EITHER FOR NO RATING OR A RATING WITH NOT MANY HOURS. OUR INSURANCE IS WITH USAIG 100M,100K/220HULL/ ED HAS 600+/- INST TICKET

PARTNER DAVE HAS 160+/- NO INSTRUMENT TICKET AND THE PREM IS 3900.00/YEAR. THIS PREM IS USING THE LOWEST TIME PILOT ON THE POLICY.

Steve

I was just quoted $4000.00 a year for $230,000.00 hull value. The policy was for $100,000.00 with a $1 million limit. Thats for a 600 hour, instrument, commerical pilot.

Jim