Landing Lights

Moving the thread up a bit…

I think you guys with short lived landing lights are just landing the plane hard after arriving in the pattern at 180 knots. Maybe you should all get lessons from the 757 Driver that gave Rich Karlgaard a hard time… :wink:

I think you guys with short lived landing lights are just landing the plane hard after arriving in the pattern at 180 knots. Maybe you should all get lessons from the 757 Driver that gave Rich Karlgaard a hard time… :wink:

Way to go Mark,

:->)

I had a twin comanche that had a Miller taxi light attached to the nose gear strut. The 4509 bulb wouldn’t last for 2 hours due to the vibration. I bought a Wagner H7604 halogen bulb that was a physical replacement for the GE 4509 and it never failed. It has a small bulb inside attached to the electrodes (where the element is on the GE. It might be the answer here.