Air-to-Air photos - NYC

I have about half of the proofs from the Air-to-Air photo-shoot last Tuesday. You can get a flavor of the day at http://n84mr.homeip.net:84/n84mr/air-to-air.htm N84MR Air-to-Air Photos. The site is under construction, with quite frequent additions and corrections being made. If at first you don’t succeed, try a little later.

• Mike.

I have about half of the proofs from the Air-to-Air photo-shoot last Tuesday. You can get a flavor of the day at http://n84mr.homeip.net:84/n84mr/air-to-air.htm N84MR Air-to-Air Photos. The site is under construction, with quite frequent additions and corrections being made. If at first you don’t succeed, try a little later.

• Mike.

Mike, the pictures are awesome! Even more amazing is that your landing light lasted the entire shoot!

Great photos! It is one thing to have great close-up shots taken of your bird flying, but having NYC cityscape behind you is a nice touch. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Bill

• Mike.

Now I understand why you guys talk about your plane in the SHE form. Look at the picture where you see HER rear side from slightly below. SHE’s got tits:-)

Joke apart, the piccies are beautiful.

Cheers,

Placido

• Mike.

• Mike.

Great pics! To bad you have to fly nose high ,stall horn blaring so the Cessna can keep up. Next time how about a A36 or a commander 115 for the chase plane :-}…ED

Really great homepage Mike.

Congratulations and thank you.

Almost everything what an actual- or soon-to-be-owner needs is put toghether.

This is sure one of the few bookmarks I have.

Once again thank you for sharing your experience.

Wilfried

nice job mike! you may have mentioned it before, but what was your airspeed during the photo session? photos appear to show noise high pitch attitude or is that just the photo angle?

Mike, the pictures are awesome! Even more amazing is that your landing light lasted the entire shoot!

Stuart,

Landing lights… ah, landing lights.

My first two landing lights died without being used (except during preflights). When I put in light #3, I decided to use it as normal - i.e. on during all landings, in all busy airspace, and whenever traffic is reported.

So far, light #3 has lasted almost 100 hours.

Go figure.

Mike.

Stuart,

My first two landing lights died without being used (except during preflights). When I put in light #3, I decided to use it as normal - i.e. on during all landings, in all busy airspace, and whenever traffic is reported.

Go figure.

Mike.

Mike,

They tell me they will LAST LONGER if they are used as ‘landing lights’ vs. ‘flying/driving lights’. Also, on my pre-buy, one side of the mount, the rivets had popped making it loose and subject to much vibration… check the security of the lamp mounting brackets. You probably already would have noticed such a problem during bulb replacement

TC,

Don

Hello Mike,

I heard somewhere before that while the light is on the filement is flexable and will last much longer… I bet when you installed it you were real careful not to put grease (oil) from your hands in the lamp too. Keep it up and have a great time in down south.

Have a great Cirrus day.

Woor

PS my day will come…

Stuart,

Go figure.

Mike.

Mike,

They tell me they will LAST LONGER if they are used as ‘landing lights’ vs. ‘flying/driving lights’. Also, on my pre-buy, one side of the mount, the rivets had popped making it loose and subject to much vibration… check the security of the lamp mounting brackets. You probably already would have noticed such a problem during bulb replacement

TC,

Don

Don,

Firstly, CONGRATULATIONS to you - I believe you’re the newest owner on the forum.

Rivets - all OK so far.

Use of the landing light - yes, but what theory says they fail when they’re not used? Landing light #1 failed in 5 hours, and #2 failed in 20 hours; both had been switched on for a total of < 30 seconds during preflight only!

Have you had a chance to fly yet? How about a PIREP?

• Mike.

“noise” should be “nose”. oops

nice job mike! you may have mentioned it before, but what was your airspeed during the photo session? photos appear to show noise high pitch attitude or is that just the photo angle?

Ken,

Airspeeds varied between about 105 and 120 kts; probably averaged somewhere in the middle. Since N84MR was wing and the lead was to our left most of the time, we slowed down in turns to the right, and flew a little faster in turns to the left. Even though we had to maintain a pretty nose-high attitude most of the time, the airplane handled well throughout. We avoided using flaps, so that we could create the illusion of high speed flight; but in retrospect, I think the tactic backfired a little. If I do it again, I’ll try the flap.

• Mike.

“noise” should be “nose”. oops

No oops.

An SR20 flying next to a C172 flies nose-high, noise-low…!

• Mike