Is Dallas GA Friendly?

I will be flying to Dallas this weekend for the first time and am wondering if anyone has recommendations. Is Love field GA friendly? Addison? Others? What about FBOs?

Thanks,

Stuart

I will be flying to Dallas this weekend for the first time and am wondering if anyone has recommendations. Is Love field GA friendly? Addison? Others? What about FBOs?

Thanks,

Stuart

I get to Dallas/Ft. Worth twice a year. If you want to steer clear Meecham Field in Ft. Worth is the best. Try the Sandpiper Aircraft Center. They also have a hotel attached which is convenient but certainly not 5 Star accomodations. Downside is it’s a fair drive to downtown Dallas.

Love Field is GA friendly but it is very close to DFW. Scary airspace but they have some big FBOs there.

I use ADS and Million Air. Even though the biz jets are the primary customer, my A36 and I get first class treatment at Million Air.

Most controllers are easy to talk to but some center types don’t like to talk to you unless your callsign ends in “Heavy”.

There is an SR20 based at ADS.

At Love Signature is the way to go. Free crew car for a couple of hours and a great pilots lounge. Real nice people and close to Downtown Dallas

Thanks,

Stuart

Thanks,

Stuart

Either Addison or Love is fine, and the DFW controllers are great. I have Cirrus #68, based at Addison, N566DP. It really depends on what part of Dallas is your final destination. Love is nearest downtown, ADS is far north Dallas.

Doug Powell