Insurance cost SR20 vs. SR22?

I am currently a 300 hr. VFR pilot, order number # 342 trying to make my decision on which plane. Can anyone give me any ideas as far as insurance costs? I hope to be IFR rated by next Summer or Fall when I get delivery.

I am currently a 300 hr. VFR pilot, order number # 342 trying to make my decision on which plane. Can anyone give me any ideas as far as insurance costs? I hope to be IFR rated by next Summer or Fall when I get delivery.

I am number 204 and just made the decision to upgrade to the SR22 (B package). I checked into insurance throutgh one source, and certainly will continue shopping. They quoted me $5,200/year for $1 million liability coverage and full replacement (of $295,000) for a non-IFR certified pilot with 200 total hours. I too expect to be IFR certified by my delivery date, and the insurance company said it would make a “substantial difference” in the rate. I couldn’t nail them down on HOW substantial of a decrease an IFR rating would make, but I would guess 30% or so. They also emphasized that in addition to an IFR rating I should attend as many “Wings” seminars and flight classes as possible.