IFR vs. IFR Refresher magazine

In reply to:

It costs $1,195 which includes a “free” Garmin GPS-196 handheld GPS. Even if you already have a handheld GPS, you can sell the 196 on eBay for about $1,000.

The lifetime subscription offer is apparently available for current subscribers only. BTW, they’ll give you the same deal on Aviation Consumer magazine.

Gordon,

Thanks to you, I’m now a lifetime subscriber to IFR, and soon a Garmin 196 owner. I’ll be advertising my trusty Garmin 295 soon enough (although I must admit… I love the color… can one justify owning TWO handheld GPSs? Don’t we need backups for our backups?)

BTW, I had previously taken out an extended subscription – one that ended in December '04… so they’re crediting me with $49; my net on this is $1,146!

• Mike.

In reply to:

I’m now a lifetime subscriber to IFR, and soon a Garmin 196 owner. I’ll be advertising my trusty Garmin 295 soon enough

Mike, I sold my GPS-295 on eBay for $1,255!! (Click here to view the auction.) That’s about $100 less than I paid for the thing over three years ago! So I actually made money on my IFR lifetime subscription. It’s a no-brainer. (Ooops - did I just use that recently panned term?? [:$])