If my info is right, then THUMBS UP for plastic planes!

FWIW,

Have heard from several people that the accident in MO resulted in fairly minor injuries.

Given the circumstances, I think that is worth a big THUMBS UP, and indicates that “plastic” planes like the Cirrus or the Lancair do offer better injury-protection than their metal brothers and sisters.

Okay, now that I wrote that, people are probably going to slam me…

For us newbies can you tell a little about the nature of this accident you are referring to?

FWIW,

Have heard from several people that the accident in MO resulted in fairly minor injuries.

Given the circumstances, I think that is worth a big THUMBS UP, and indicates that “plastic” planes like the Cirrus or the Lancair do offer better injury-protection than their metal brothers and sisters.

Or I will slam myself. I’ve now been told the injuries were severe. As there is no way to be sure about any of this, I will just keep my big trap shut.

That being said, I do think every pilot on this forum has a major interest in finding out the extent of damage-injury/injury protection provided during this accident. To be honest, it is as important as any ARNAV discussion.

I hope in the near future we will receive a fair analysis.

Or I will slam myself. I’ve now been told the injuries were severe. As there is no way to be sure about any of this, I will just keep my big trap shut.

That being said, I do think every pilot on this forum has a major interest in finding out the extent of damage-injury/injury protection provided during this accident. To be honest, it is as important as any ARNAV discussion.

I hope in the near future we will receive a fair analysis.

Dean, From what I’ve heard and read, mostly from this web site and the local newspaper, the SR22 porpoised on landing, ran off the runway, over the taxiway and onto the apron. In the course of events, one main gear strut was overstressed in a latteral direction and collapesd. The SR22 finally came to rest imbedded in a derelict “DC3 like” airplane parked on the ramp. It took the jaws of life to separate the two aircraft and remove the SR22’s occupants. Witnesses thought everyone was dead.

I understand the injuries were limited to lacerations to the pilot (Barbara), loss of a few teeth (husband/co-pilot seat) and none to the rear seat Cirrus employee ‘hitchiker’.

(If I have any facts wrong, I apologize, I did not see the accident, but I have read the local newspaper account, the NTSB preliminary report and the various comments posted on this web site.)

I believe Barbara (the pilot) has criticized the WA training and the seatbelts, but, all-in-all, the results seem to speak highly for the seat belts and the structure of the airplane. I can’t say anything about the quality of her instruction, but then, that has already been discussed ad nauseum.

Marty